Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 which captive drop away? >

which captive drop away?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

which captive drop away?

Old 10-18-2006, 12:31 AM
RJH

Default which captive drop away?

I currently have a trap door rest but i'm thinking of getting a captive rest. Had two arrows fall off in one week two deer still walking around. Any suggestions ?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: which captive drop away?

I was using the QAD but was having some problems with vane clearance. ith archery seasin soo close I wne t back to a prong style. Once the season is over I am going to try it again. It is a great rest.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

I'm using the QAD and had a little problem with vane clearance as well. I talked to QAD and they sent me a taller rest to install and it worked!! The only other adjustment They told me to do was to raise my arrow nock up 1/8 ". Works like a charm now. If you have a bow that is aproaching 280 fps, that is when you need to change to the taller one. When I got the rest I think it came with the two rests but I couldn't find the other one.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:55 AM
RJH

I'm shooting a hoyt vtec I believe I'm right under 280fps I see alot of people using the qad I saw a guy at the archery shop that has a rip cord seeme pretty cool. Thanks for the replies
Old 10-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

RJH,

I use a Trapdoor and wonder how in the world an arrow can "fall" off this thing. I can turn my bow almost horizontal without an arrow falling off. Is it possible you're drawing too much weight and can't control the draw cycle? Just a thought.

Otherwise the two most common rests are already mentioned, and personally I don't like either, but that's just my opinion.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I'm currently using the Vital Bow Gear Kaz-Away. You can rotate your bow completely upside down and your arrow can't fall off. Once you draw the bow the arrow is no longer "completely" captured but still very solid on the rest arms. If you have to let down, again your arrow is "completely" captured. I did experience some vane contact until I went cock vane up. Very good rest.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not completely captive, but you can definitely turn it to horizontal with no worries... If you push your arrow shaft into the rubber holder they provide, you can spin your bow like a baton and not have your arrow fall off... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1687790
Old 10-18-2006, 08:19 PM
RJH

Well I went to the bow shop and found the problem was the arrow rest arm was loose and moved also had bad bushings on a cam and it was moving. The arrow was binding when I was pulling back and causing the arm to fall.Got it all fixed so I will be going out tomorrow. Thanks for all thehelp I probably will still get a captive rest or maybe a pnuematic buffer for my ar-15