Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Wisker Bisquit

Old 07-22-2003, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Wisker Bisquit

Whats everyone think of these?
Old 07-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Wisker Bisquit

I honestly really like the WB rests. They are simple and reliable as well as accurate. The key is finding the right vanes to use as well as the best arrow shaft. I also do some trimming, how much depends on what arrow shaft I use. With aluminum I trim both sides, with carbons only one.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:29 AM

I just bought and installed the newest w/b. I keep reading about trimming the backside and other trimming mods. Could someone explain these mods in detail and also why are you doing this. I haven' t had a chance to shoot much with it yet.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:08 AM

I shoot the new drop in from the side model. I have not trimed any of my whiskers and it is very accurate out to 80-90 yards with 4" helical feathers and 5" helical vanes. I would reccomend this product to anyone. The only way it would be better is if it were free.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:11 AM

it just makes bow hunting a little easier. less to worry about and more time to watch to woods. (and oh yea it shoots just fine so don' t worry just shoot it)
Old 08-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn' t like these rests at first, but I have since learned that you do have to be somewhat careful when setting them up. The biscuit will work much better is it is set to line up with the string, to be perpendicular to the arrow, not leaning backwards or forwards. I think you also need to trim them to get best accuracy, and also group tune after you paper tune the bow. Great hunting rest, IMO Capable of good accuracy and arrow flight with broadheads.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Too loud if you ask me, and I tired the aluminum version with carbon arrows... Fall aways are the way to go... More expensive, but the less touching that arrow the better you will be... Not to say that you cannot go out and take Deer with one, but I guess I am just hesistant about something hitting my vanes on the way through... If that was ok then why do all the paper tuning, and adjusting for a regular rest...??
Old 08-18-2003, 03:33 PM

Too loud if you ask me,
What is loud ? This is the quietest rest I have ever owned and a lot quieter than a NAP drop away I tried. I am shooting PSE CF 300 carbon arrows through mine and I have tried A/C/C' s as well .........I can not hear anything when drawing my bow or shooting. I have heard some Gold tips that were noisy on the draw , but they are on any rest .

?????
Old 08-19-2003, 08:35 PM

It does a great job of holding the arrow in place. Easy to set up, quite, durable, and only 3fps lose of speed. The only problem is after a couple of hundred shots it ruffles your feathers (or vanes). IMO the WB was made for hunting season only, and if that is the case, they nailed it...
Old 08-19-2003, 09:41 PM

I am useing the Q.S this year and am a finger shooter...this simple rest is exactly what a fingers shooter has been after for years.

Quick Reply: New Wisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.