Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED >

HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Old 02-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

I ken member sum of da sumeer...
Old 02-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

We don't have that much snow in Wisconsin the winter wonder land. At least in the western part of the state were I am. Dave get a lot of lake effect up north were he lives. We have about 9 inches on the ground right now.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

We've had about nine inches down here around New Orleans too - a half inch in '83, about an inch in '86, darn near and inch and a half in '91, etc. etc. Yep, pretty close to nine altogether.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Josmund
Thought I'd throw this post up so you'all could remember the complaints from the summer season.

Now that its snowing in 49 of the 50 states the warm weather doesn't seem so bad.

I ran across the post as I was reseaching the best sidelock to buy. Still don't know the ins and outs of sidelocks but I thought this was a nice change of pace.

Any suggestions on a sidelock?
Thank's for posting this thread Josmund, I was'nt on at all through the Summer, had too much to do. We had the Coldest, Rainiest Summer in I think 150years, it only got to 80 two times. So from Oct of 08 through Feb of 2010 we've had Winter! 17 Months of Cold Weather Straight!!!!!!!!!!! Were ready for a Summer in N.Y. So if it gets nice here this May it will be about 20 straight months of Cold Weather.
Im sure if some of you Southern Folk were here last Summer in July and Aughst when our night time temps were in the low 50's you'd understand, as (WE) were wearing Jackets and sitting by a Bon-Fire just to stay Warm.
Thank's for Warming Me Up, I need it!
(BP)
Old 02-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Any suggestions on a sidelock?
Oops, it seems we are overlooking your question Josmund. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of the common ones - a TC Hawken, Renegade or New Englander, a Lyman Great Plains, a CVA Hawken or Mountain Rifle, or the Cabala's Hawken. TNHagies has what looks to be a good TC Hawken for $250 to your door listed in the Muzzloading Guns Classified section of this forum. Link below:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/muzz...0-caplock.html

Last edited by Semisane; 02-14-2010 at 08:39 AM.