Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED >

HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Old 06-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

The thermometer in the shade of my patio reads 101 degrees right now, the National Weather Service has issued a "Excessive Heat Warning" for our area.Went outside a little while ago to throw the ball for the dog and both the dog and I gave up after ten minutes. I haven't been to the range since the end of May. Very few range reports being posted to keep me entertained. I've got guns lined up against the wall next to the computer just so I can fondle them now and then, tons of bullets in the bullet bag, loads of filled powder tubes, at least a dozen shooting experiments in my head. I'm beginning to feel like the space shuttle crew sitting on the launch pad waiting for the rightweather window so I canlift off. I think I'm going to crack!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Banned

Default RE: HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

well, http://thepowerbeltforum.powerguild.net/

If you're any good with graphics you can make me new buttons at the top. Also for a register button it would be nice to have it as GIF that flashes. Come on ol man, gotta get some use outta ya [8D]
Old 06-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Dominant Buck

This has been uncommonly warm for northern Wisconsin so far this year as well. It's 86ºs here. Yesterday we were in the 90's. Now that is not right. Also we have high humidity this year. I thought about going and buying one of them portable air conditioners that you can move from room to room, but I know the second I do, the temps will go back to normal and I will never need it again. Plus I heard they do not work all that well. We just don't get this kind of weather. Maybe in late July and August.

I went out this morning and shot a flint lock just for something to do, and gave up after about fifteen shots. Due to medical reasons, I am not really supposed to do anything, but I told the Doctor yesterday.. its better then going insane. So he told me to be careful.

I was watching the weather channel and the heat index map. I saw what you had forecasted Semi and actually felt sorry for you. I really could not take that kind of heat and humidity. Also Chicago and parts of the midwest.. I mean this is crazy. Hang in there. Worse comes to worse Semisane.. just aim out the window and pop a few caps off a rifle. Maybe the smell of caps and the bang they make can hold you over until you can get to the range.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you're any good with graphics you can make me new buttons at the top. Also for a register button it would be nice to have it as GIF that flashes. Come on ol man, gotta get some use outta ya [8D]
Who you calling "ol man" whippersnapper??? Careful, I'm already in a pissy mood. Can't help you with graphics. Took me a month to figure out how to post pictures here. "GIF" - what's that - something like Girls Is Fun???

Old 06-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Spike

Its 85 in Cumberland Co Va today and too hot for me to shoot. I like cold weather, I can always put on more clothes but when its hot I cant take off enough without getting arrested to get cool.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's so dang hot here in NC that I haven't even fished lately and this time of year I go at night...

I've been busy though...My middle daughter got married at Chapel Hill 2 week ends ago...I had a supply line leak on one toilet and replaced drain and supply lines under one sink in the bath room...Then dang if the washing machine didn't start leaking so I replaced the pump on it...I changed the oil and filter in my truck and I'm also putting new tires on the boat...

I'm leaving next Thursday and will be on the Outer Banks the week of the 4th, so I've got to have that boat ready...

Old 06-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear that! I almost had a heat stroke the other day working on my food plot at the lease. The wife and I have figured out to go out there around 5AM so we can at least get a little done before we're ready to cook. Working later in the evening is not so bad either.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

90 here in Michigan. Did do some shooting the other day. a Family of skunks camped out under my barn. got a head shot at 70 yards with my 22lrlucky shot
Old 06-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

I got up at 5 this morning - i got to shoot - I mean homework
Old 06-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

It wont be long and it will be snowing.

Quick Reply: HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.