Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 .Help..Frustrated >

.Help..Frustrated

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

.Help..Frustrated

Old 08-15-2006, 03:59 PM

Default .Help..Frustrated

Hey guys im having some problems. Ive been shooting great till about a 2 days ago i was hitting everything in the bullseye everytime at 10 20 and 30 yards. Now i cant hit anything. Im no longer consistant like i used to be. Could someone give me some advice on form proper shooting technique or something like that. I dont know what i have changed since last week but its something cause im not hitting anything im aiming at. Please help
Old 08-15-2006, 04:15 PM

Default RE: .Help..Frustrated

~make sure you are not slapping the trigger...
~make sure you are not holding the string too tight to your face & you ancor in the same place everytime...
~hold the bow w/ a loose gripon the rear of your palm were your wrist and hand beginto reducetorque of your wrist...

if this doesn't help i would check to see if you have mechanical problems such as string creep, fletching contact, rest malfunction...
good luck dude!
Old 08-15-2006, 04:33 PM

Something has possibly come loose and moved. Check your rest, sights and tuning.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

Make sure your bow string has not stretched
Old 08-15-2006, 05:28 PM

im new fairly new to archery so how do u check to see if your bowstring stretched?
Old 08-15-2006, 05:42 PM

If it's brand new string, it will. If you know what poundage you had it set on, check it. If the string has stretched, it will be lighter.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is there a pattern to your misses such as all left, all right, all low or high? If so, your sight may have been jarred enough to knock it off. This happened to me but I recognized right quick all shots were far to the right of the bullseye....obvious sight problem.

If your misses are scattered and you don't have a mechanical problem, you must be doing something different such as tensing up, jerking as you pull the release, something like that. Relax, take a deep breath & exhale right before you release, maintain your form until arrow impacts (muy importante). Also, I have noticed I have very good days shooting....and very bad days. It may be biorhythms or something that influences accuracy, but if you just can't get steady or miss your mark repeatedly, put the bow up and try again the next day. Good luck!