Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting Frustrated! >

Getting Frustrated!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting Frustrated!

Old 01-08-2006, 10:19 PM

Default Getting Frustrated!

My season is coming to an end. Archery ends Jan 15th. So far this year I've only taken one buck. I've been out trying my best to get another deer, but haven't been seeing much especially since gun season ended. Can't seem to figure out where they are moving. Sure they tease me while driving to work in the evenings or coming home in the mornings. They'll all be standing out by the road laughing as I drive by. I've only got a few days left in the season and will probably only get one or two more chances to head out to the woods. I've spent many many days in the field and sure thought I would have harvested at least one more deer. It's all good though. I've had fun this season with the new bow and was fortunate enough to harvest my first deer with a bow and to top that it was my first buck, but that meats almost gone and I was hoping for to get one more for the freezer before the end of the season. Wish me luck!

I'm now working on plans for next season. I get to hunt the same property next year and will be planting some food plots and doing a lot more scouting. This was the first year to hunt this particular piece of land, so it wasn't scouted very well until after the season started. I know there are deer out there, plenty of sign. Just can't seem to get set up on them. Oh well, sorry for the long post, just had to vent. I'm still learning, this will be the end of my third year of hunting and I've learned a lot over the past couple of years. Plan on taking everything I've learned to the field and having a really great season next year. Just sad to see this season end. And the weather has really sucked this year!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Getting Frustrated!

Hey at least you have gotten one I have spent many hours out in the woods and have yet to get a deer in front of me,, I have even seen one in the woods since gun season.. I only have 2 more days that I can hunt so still have fingers crossed ,, but if I dont get one hey theres nex year..
Old 01-09-2006, 04:47 AM

Yea,

I haven't even SEEN one since november.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:42 AM
Dominant Buck

If your area is like mine then you've had a great mast year and the deer don't have to roam far to eat or breed . There are so many acorns on the ground here that when you walk it sounds like bubble wrap popping .
Old 01-09-2006, 06:58 AM

I hear ya! We are fighting warm weather down here in bama. Nov through x-mas weather was perfect. Now its getting up 70 during the day, only down in the upper 40s lower 50s at night, plus the rut should be starting any day now. Havent seen anything last four outings. Rut should be interesting and probably uneventful, but i'll be there just in case.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:28 AM

your rut in bama hasn't started yet? How long does your season last.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would bet they went nocturnal after gun season. Most people swear to me hunting post ryt/gun season is real good but it gets real hard to even see deer this time of year.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:56 AM

The season here last until Jan. 31. Rut usually starts around now and goes through the first of Feb.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:11 AM

wow you guys don't get much time to fool around during the rut do you.