Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED >

HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Old 06-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

It wont be long and it will be snowing.
Naw, it snowed here last year. Probably won't snow again for several more years.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Granted it's been in the high 90's all this week here, I can't get life to slow down enough to get to the range. Maybe it's justGod's way of helping me save money
Old 06-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Hey SEMI!! If its too hot to do anything else this weekend,there is a big gun show in Gonzales.Lamar Dixon Expo Center.
If my Podner from Harvey don't have to work Saturday I'm going.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well semi its not much better here in northern Arkansas. The temp this afternoon on my way to work was 99 at 6pm. Last weekend my boy and me were trying to put up a fence around a new food plot that we made. The temp was 98, we got started at 1pm (great timing huh) after 2 hrs he said dad are you ready to go the river and cool off. So I grabbed a few beers and we took off on our 4 wheelers. Boy howdy the river sure felt good.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey SEMI!! If its too hot to do anything else this weekend,there is a big gun show in Gonzales.Lamar Dixon Expo Center. If my Podner from Harvey don't have to work Saturday I'm going.
I saw that show announcement in the local paper Woodtick. I went to the Great Southern gun show in Kenner, LAlast Saturday (only about 10 miles frommy house). It was a bigshow, but darn little that interested me. I don't think I saw more than half a dozen muzzleloaders, and zero ML supplies.I did spot a .36 CVA Squirrel Rifle that grabbed my interest right away. But when I checked it out it had a BADLY rusted bore,I could hardly cock the hammer, the drum looked like someone had worked it over with a pipe wrench, andthe guy wanted $165 for it.

I'm just going to bite the bullet and head to the hunting lease for the week end and try toget in a little shooting in the early mornings and late evenings. I'm really itching to try some 270 grain .429 Gold Dots in the X7 and Mustang. Plus, one of the guys is supposed to be bringingsome gongs to set upon the rifle range.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

It has been hot here like 105 with a real feel of 115 and I over did it and ended up spending a day in the hospital. Now I get to feeling bad in a hurry if I leave the air conditioning. I could use a bit of that snow Tom. Lee
Old 06-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

90 in Ohio himid and the 4H heifers are giving us fits. They do not want to go out in this heat for a walk. But the positive side the cats at the barn we keep the cows at have been disappearing. The madam of the farm has requested ny assistance in making the coyote probim disappear for her. I have asked her for 3 years to hunt theat patch of woods behind the house....Good things happen to those who wait. The Pro Hunter and me w/ a 200 grain XTP on top of 110 grains BH209 will be hunting !!!! Yea!
Old 06-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

SEMI
the gongs sound like fun!! I haven't visited with my friend in awhile and I'm looking to buy a sidelock. if there is nothing interesting at the gun show,I'll probably
go down and check out the Cabela's.We don't have one of those in North La.I would really like a Renegade or a New Englander,but ,not likely to see one of
either at the gun show.One of brother in laws recently bought a .54 New Englander ,but it had the Rynite stock. UGLY!! It was still loaded when he showed it to me.
He only gave $50.00 for it. He had no idea it was loaded till I told him. Have fun shootin gongs,and don't get too hot.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:53 AM
Spike

Guys send some to eastern PA. It has been so cool and rainy that we cannot get first cutting hay done. There are many farmers here that have not even got their soybeans and corn in the ground yet. Anyone have a conversion table to convert cubits to feet, we may need to build an ark?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Woodtick, there's what looks like a(worked over ?) New Englander in the Louisiana Sportsman classified section that you could probably get for $75 or less.

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/classifieds.php?sec=classifieds&act=full&a dID=77584#pictures154156

Quick Reply: HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.