Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 cva - SLOoooowCRAPPY!- service let me down! >

cva - SLOoooowCRAPPY!- service let me down!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva - SLOoooowCRAPPY!- service let me down!

Old 06-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cva service let me down!

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

dave calls me back at lunch time and leaves a message. hurray! i call him back around 2pm and he is out of the office for the day again. where do i get this job? if i worked for a major firearms company i would be little more into my job than this. message #4 and friday will be a week.
Just a thought........When I'm wanting someone to call me back really, really bad, I make sure I give them my home, office, and cell number. That's just me though.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

well nO DUGH!!!!- i cant be on call either. im actually not allowed to field phone calls during my work day so i check on stuff when i can. anyway dave calls me today again around 9.30 am and leaves a message i call right back during my break period and get "im out of the office again leave a message" so i take the advice of frontier and ask for mark at my lunch time. i actually wanted to follow procedure without stepping on toes. mark tells me the process of replacing a bolster and that none of them are soldered in but require heat to get them out. also there is some kind of jig that indeed goes into the muzzle of the barrel. he states none of this should have damaged the barrel. well on mine it did. he was very quick to offer a new barrel as i have some accuracy concerns with the scrape marks in the rifleing in the muzzle of the barrel. i told them i could send them a bottle of oil and blue paste if they needed it. i also asked why it was cleaned and not oiled and he told me that they could ask the gunsmith but it would be like beating a dead horse. they did damage my barrel and mark offered to give me a new one. i told them it was my fathers old gun and i wanted to hunt with it this year. i dont want a new barrel just the one i sent to them back in the same condition. it took a week to get through and i really didnt get any satisfaction. i really believe the service is no where near what im use to dealing with. there is no excuse and i gotta say i received poor service as well as extremely bad customer service. in all fairness i have gotten good service before so im done ranting cva today. thumbs down on this dealing[:'(]
Old 06-23-2007, 10:30 AM

while the smith did damage the barrel, more than likely on accident, they did offer you a new barrel free of charge. And if you're having accuracy problems, why not take them up on the deal?

Old 06-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm far from trying to be a smart a$$ but, We all understand you want the gun returned in the same condition you sent it in. It's understood it was your fathers and your very proud and protective of that. If they tried to repairtheir damageand it didn't meet your expectations your going to rant even more. I'd have taken them up on the new barrel.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm far from trying to be a smart a$$ but, We all understand you want the gun returned in the same condition you sent it in. It's understood it was your fathers and your very proud and protective of that. If they tried to repair their damage and it didn't meet your expectations your going to rant even more. I'd have taken them up on the new barrel.
ORIGINAL: sjsfire

I'm far from trying to be a smart a$$ but, We all understand you want the gun returned in the same condition you sent it in. It's understood it was your fathers and your very proud and protective of that. If they tried to repairtheir damageand it didn't meet your expectations your going to rant even more. I'd have taken them up on the new barrel.
its not about a new barrel. did i say this use to be my fathers gun? i more or less wanted them to admit that while jigging up and heating the barrel they screwed it up. not just thrown back in a box and shipped back with no explaination. i dont know if the inside rifling marks from cva-s jig will affect its accuracy but when it gets back from re finishing and i shoot it i just might take them up on a new barrel.i will say again i have received generally good service from them in the past and i think they offer a good gun for the money but in this case they kinda blew it . i also want to say that dave at customer service had some issues for not getting back to me and after mark explained i understood. who ever mark is he seems to be the person to talk to. getting this gun fixed was personal to me so i just needed to vent a little. im actually suprised of all the negativity i got. makes me suspicious . i didnt want to turn this into a war of who has better service but for me it is very clear.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:56 PM

If TC messed up the barrel and sent it back in the same condition, would you have still turned down their offer of a new barrel? I could understand if CVA didnt want to deal with the subject, but they did offer a new barrel for your problems, and if i were you, i easily would have taken the offer. Heck, they replaced a mid 1980s cva muzzleloader that a local gunsmith broke and they sent me a brand new staghorn as an replacement because they no longer made the cva blazer. I just dont see what you're trying to get from cva. By them offering you a new barrel, they knew you were unhappy and they wanted to make things right. So whats the deal? Take them up on the new barrel offer or just stick with what you have.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

frontier, im not gonna drag this on. this isint about a thompson vs. cva thing at all and believe me i wouldnt accept service like this from any company and would rant just the same. i just want to use the gun my father hunted with. i didnt want a fancy new barrel. i just didnt like the fact it took a week to get through to them and if it wasnt for you telling me who to ask for it may have carried on for another week. i dont know how you know mark but for any big problems that is the man to talk to. i thank you for that. done complaining. now back to shooting!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Just saw a lot of good feedback about mark on greybeards. Mark actually wants people to start emailing him about new calibers for their cva elite, hes been wanting to know what odd calibers they could bring out that arnt out there now. He seems like a great guy from what ive read. I personally only had to deal with cva once and i got an replacement rifle which was awesome. Then i emailed Mark about my winchester x-150 and what loads/bullets i could shoot safely with the higher mag loads. After that, i havnt had to email or call them once. Let us know how the rifle shoots. What did they charge to put a new bolister on? local gunsmith charged my step bro $60!