Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 cva - SLOoooowCRAPPY!- service let me down! >

cva - SLOoooowCRAPPY!- service let me down!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva - SLOoooowCRAPPY!- service let me down!

Old 06-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default cva - SLOoooowCRAPPY!- service let me down!

more like pissed me off. i sent in a barrel to have a bolster replaced and they butchered it a little. this was my fathers old muzzleloader so it means a little something to me . they leave the office for the day at 4pm so i have to stew for the weekend so i have to vent here... i looked this barrel over from top to bottom and oiled it up good before shipping it. im a fanatic about packing material so this wasnt damaged in shipping. they left 3 dimple marks in the barrel near where the bolster is on the barrel. also just inside the muzzle of the barrel about an 1/8 inside are shiny thread like claw marks. im thinking its how they clamped the barrel down for repair. there was also some wear through the blue near the bolster too. i have had good service from them before but for the 28.99$ i paid to have the bolster replaced i didnt expect the extra. extras.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: cva service let me down!

It sounds like they had to clamp the barrel somehow, and their tools left marks when they were trying to get the old bolster off. Some of the older bolsters were welded on there. I will guess they had a tuff time getting it fixed. It might be something I would address to BPI on Monday by telephone. As for the frustration it caused, Sorry to hear of the damage.Especially seeing the history of the original barrel.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:40 PM

thats better service than what my local gun shop gave me. A drilled out welded in breech that ruined the rifle and a simple, uh the breech is a weld in so i cant fix it. Also had him install a new bolster on my step bros cva and he left it unblued! If they had a hard time getting yours off, then i'd be somewhat forgiving and understand that a few small scratches will happen with anything. How old is the rifle? If its been shot a lot and is aged a good # of years, im betting it did give them a struggle.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:08 PM

liquidorange sorry to hear your disappointment. I would call customer service and ask for Mark. If there is anything they can do...he will do it. They are not a new company but they do have a new attitude. The dealings I have had with them have been excellent.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe they should have a disclaimer about working on certain parts. i wonder what kind of jigs they are using. a padded vise and wood clamps would be a no brainer. i dont think the bolster was welded in but who knows. the dimples are deep and small almost plier like but i cant figure out why the barrel had these scrape marks inside the barrel and the worn blueing. on the invoice it says they cleaned it. maybe its standard practice but it was clean when i shipped it. not what im use to as far as service goes in comparison to thompson center. they would replace parts or hot blue the gun and it would look brand new for no charge. im not looking for a freebie but i didnt want the gun roughed up either.i went through a similar problem with magana port with a shot gun. if they would just say up front that barrel damage may occur at least you know what your getting into. if i was the gunsmith on that job i would be embarrassed. at least they could have touched up the blueing. im thinkinh they had to heat the barrel in that area to loose blueing like that.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

o.k. so the invoice said the barrel was cleaned although i shipped it clean i had to check. a little while ago i put an oil patch through it and the rust that came out of it was scary . it wasnt your usual. it covered the whole patch from top to bottom. the front brass sight blade has stains on it that it never had before. my guess its stored in a humid area. someone at that factory should buy a can of oil and wipe stuff down.also the front rod thimble was a but wiggly. guess they took it off and put it back on half arse. yes im a freek about loose parts and i know i checked every screw before shipping as well as a extra good cleaning and over oiling inside and out.also it looks like some white thread sealer goo (maybe from re seating the breech plug?) on the rear part of the barrel. luckily that came off but still stained the blue a little. [:@] i know some of these issues seem minor but all i wanted was the barrel back in the same condition it left.i dont mind character on a gun like dings and dents from hunting but this is un acceptable.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very sorry to hear that. I have heard the same from everyone I know who have delt with CVA. They are good at replacing small things but when it comes to actually working on your gun they are not very professonal about it. They have one real gunsmith and a bunch of want to bees working for him. So when you send in yur gun yu could get lucky and have someone good or some one who just started. sorry about what happened to you again.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i know how much you guys like updates. called this morning and got a live person on the phone. after explaining my story i was told to hold on. after about 4 or 5 minutes i got THE- someone will call you back tomorrow ANSWER.[:-] i got out the wet sand paper and tried to work the bites out of the barrel. no good!. just too deep/ .[:@]
Old 06-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

no call from them today so i called them about 15 minutres before i knew they closed today. of course they have no record of my previous phone calls and had no idea they were supposed to get back. they told me i had to speak to dave the stupivisor. i left a message for dave on friday after closing. havent herd from dave either.im gonna get the barrel fixed. i called lee at black ice coatings and he said he would do his best to work out the mess. CVA IS NOTHING LIKE THOMPSON CENTER. LEUPOLD AND RUGER ALWAYS WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND WHEN DEALING WITH THEM. guess what they have in common. they know how to treat future customers!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:02 PM

Dont be such a quitter. You called them 15 minutes before they closed. I know i want to get out of work as soon as that clock hits dead on. Give them a call a lot sooner and ask for Mark.

Quick Reply: cva - SLOoooowCRAPPY!- service let me down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.