Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14) >

Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Okay, This is the way it is!

Obviously I missed something major because I'm in left field right now, LOL.

Anyhow...my .02 on this is that it should be your first buck killed with a bow, regardless of what else you take, and when you take it. Me personally...I huntearly bow season looking for a shooter. Then I head to my annual "hunt camp" for opening week of gun, then back to the bow for the rest of the season. Because I decide to hunt with a gun that one week, if I tooka buckthen -- that shouldn't rule out my chance to participate in the contest, assuming I still had a legal tag. For the few folks that this might affect, I guess that is their choice....they chose to take the buck with the gun, basically nixxing their chance with a bow. I could live with that if it was me, I made my choice.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: mobow

Because he shot it w/ a bow......
True dat, and that's the biggest point.

Not set in stone, good stuff so far guys.
Rob:

I say that we make sure to have the contest forum opened a full 30 days before sign ups begin, and that the two options are presented in a poll that runs exactly 30 days. Let the members decide, and make sure they clearly know that the final results in 30 days are FINAL.

That's the best way to handle I can think of.........just a thought. It really doesn't matter to me, either way works for me and I'd support anything you make a decision on.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

RJ, i like that idea....then there isnt no crying next year....

run the poll from june 15-july 15th then start the contest sign ups after the poll is talled...set the rules in stone...open the contest and go about it...i like that idea

no need for peeing matches....i know i can pee farther than anyone i dont have to prove it
Old 11-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Dominant Buck

For some reason I just had a flashback to a show I was watching the other night. It was one of those detective shows....and they were looking for a serial arsonist.

They caught him.....because he always showed up in the crowd......like an innocent bystander.

Sorry.....anyways.....it's all good Rob. You'll fuigure it out!
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: mobow

Because he shot it w/ a bow......
True dat, and that's the biggest point.

Not set in stone, good stuff so far guys.
Rob:

I say that we make sure to have the contest forum opened a full 30 days before sign ups begin, and that the two options are presented in a poll that runs exactly 30 days. Let the members decide, and make sure they clearly know that the final results in 30 days are FINAL.

That's the best way to handle I can think of.........just a thought. It really doesn't matter to me, either way works for me and I'd support anything you make a decision on.
Excellent point Matt. I doubt we come to a decision until then anyway. Course with most if not all members checking in the contest now, I'd bet we'd get a way better result at this moment.

How exactly are these rules going to be enforced??

Are team captains going to be voting on foliage thickness?? Pics in the back of trucks could be from5 years ago for all we know. What about someone on a trip where there is no internet for longer then 10 days??

Old 11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol Jeff...thats too funny...
Old 11-27-2007, 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

For some reason I just had a flashback to a show I was watching the other night. It was one of those detective shows....and they were looking for a serial arsonist.

They caught him.....because he always showed up in the crowd......like an innocent bystander.

Sorry.....anyways.....it's all good Rob. You'll fuigure it out!

Be a man for once in your life.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Hold it, let me go get some more popcorn.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

How exactly are these rules going to be enforced??

What about someone on a trip where there is no internet for longer then 10 days??

Not that difficult, when returning home form a successful guided trip almost all people would be jumping at the chance to show their success to their teammate not to mention the whole bowhunting community we have here. I can barely think of any case that successful bowhunters haven't come home from guided hunts to showcase their hunt, especially when they've been the best buck ever.

Many people have friends here too, phone calls are made and usually word of the deer is on the board long before the succesful hunter has made it out of the woods. It's a great community.

I can't for the life of me think of a single reason why anyone would want to keep a successful harvest a secret.

Are team captains going to be voting on foliage thickness??
If need be, that's what captains are for. To settle the what ifs, what the hells and the foul play.

Pics in the back of trucks could be from5 years ago for all we know.
Or laying on the ground, hanging in garages, hanging in trees etc...no way at all to determine that one. I know people cheat, that's a given and sad. It's just catching them that's hard. Shame on those who lie and cheat, it's hard to believe anyone could be so dishonest.

Quick Reply: Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.