Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread >

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

Hey fella's sorry i havent posted ive been busy lately hunting the Pa early season for does. I was lucky yesterday and harvested a Very large doe at 70yd with one shot from my 6mm rem demolishing her heart and most of her lungs she made it 10yd. So now im gona get really serious with my archery hunting with the pre-rut starting to kick in and the rut just a week or 2 off its time to really start looking for bone especialy since i got some meat in the freezer. Good luck fella's.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Extreme#1!

I haven't gotten a chance to check out my cam yet to see if there are any pic's yet ,maybe Monday .I wasn't sure about the #307 ,but I'm certainly glad to hear from you that it's good to use .I've put my mock scrape just inside the wood's where I found a heck of a rub line ,I'm real sure that it's a good buck because of the way the tree's are tore apart ,I put the mock scrape right on the buck's trail ,so hopefully there's been some action .I'm sure if you'd like to come and hunt with me ,that I'll have a bed for you ,so if your serious ,let's do it then ,let me know if we can get together .I've been seeing deer daily here and I passed on a little spike the other night because I know there's a good buck here somewhere .

deerslayer223!

It's certainly good to hear from you ,
It sure has been quiet around here lately ,i've tried everything to get the guy's to post ,but it seem's they haven't gotten a chance to do so .congrat's on your doe and I hope you find that big buck to add to our team score ,I've been out 2 or 3 time's aweek and have been seeing lot's of deer ,I've passed on 7 deer now ,but only 1 little spike buck .I'm hoping my mock scrape show's some good result's and there's a good buck hangoing around here for me to stick .Anyway's good hunting and keep us in the loop with how thing's are going for you .

nubo

John
Old 10-23-2005, 07:12 PM

Hey Team, I got to get out this Saturday for my first evening hunt and passed on a nice 6pt at less than 10 yards. I could not have scripted it any better. I was watching a small doe and button buck for about 5 minutes when I heard him coming. I looked up the path and here he comes when he stopped to kick the heck out of a small bush. He proceeded down the path towards me and as soon as he got behind a huge oak he stopped. I had already planned on passing but for practice I drew on him and he stepped out. A picture perfect broad side view. Now I want to tell you if it had not been for this contest and you have to turn in your first buck. This one would be in the freezer. All in all it was great hunt!The temps were falling and rain and snow were in the forecast for Sunday and the wind was perfect for my set up.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

huntinaddict!

Sound's like what happened to me the other day ,the only difference was that I was looking at a spike buck.This morning I seen a nice buck in the field on my way home from work ,and a couple other guy's seen buck's going to work last night ,so maybe the buck's are starting to move around a bit .I'm going to go out this afternoon and see what happen's .

I nice to have you post your exoerience's in the bush Ron ,please visit often and keep us in the loop .It's going to happen for you very soon .

nubo
Old 10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Hey all.

Sorry I havent been in. I have been able to get out at least once a day I have seen alot of deer but for some reason the good bucks I was seeing early havent been around . I dont understand it the weather is right the times right and Iam seeing lots of doe and small bucks. I guess ifI am seeing doe this time of year isa good thing it wont be long till a big boy starts hanging around.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's it's been quite an evening ,it didn't start out too well since the rain started and i figured it would spoil everything for hunting tonight .When the rain subsided to a drizzle I figuredI'd go hunting anyway's ,andI had norrowed it down to 2 stand's within walking distance of each other .The 1 stand is where I had the doe and Spike buck come inthe othernight and the other was on the edge of a freshly cut alphalpha field. SoI chose to hunt the alphalpha field since it was the first time for this season ,after 5:30 I see a doe come into the field ,she was working her way to me ,but as I said before I'm only hunting buck's in this WMU so I knew I was going to pass on her if she got close enough .after about 1/2 hr I see another deer coming from a fence row in a serious trot ,so i'm thinking this one must be a buck ,it also heads my way,but for some reason they turn and go the other direction,it's still raining a bit and with either stand thatI was choosing between the wind was in my favour ,after watching these 2 in the field for about an hr ,I decide that neither of these deer are going to make their way to me ,soI decide to head back to my truck. Just up the road fromwhereI had parked was the other stand of choice ,so I walk down the road to see if anything was in the field,boy! didI ever get a surprise ,there were 2 deer in the field and I'm 100% sure they were both buck's ,I'm sure of this because of their body size and I seen horn's,they were only about 40yrds away from me .They ran off and stood undernieth my treestrand blowing 3 time's at me ,all I could do was watch and imagine if I had just made the choice to sit in that stand instead of the other ,but I guess that's how it goes ,how do you know? when both stand's are producing deer and the wind's in your favour . I'm seeing all kind's of deer and i've passed on many of them ,I'm just having a great time in the wood's this season .I'm getting closer every day and ifI can just get another shot at these 2 buck's ,we'll have some more inch's on the score board .I'll be back out tomorrow evening . I'll let you's know what happen's .

nubo
Old 10-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck nubo. Your times coming sounds like you're in a great spot just stick with it and i'm sure you're chance will come. the weather was crappy here today raining hard with the temps in high 30's so i passed on a hunt tonight. I hope to get out tomorrow evening we are supposed to get 5 inches of snow overnight so im gona try to give em heck tomorrow and hope the snow stays! keep my fingers crossed. Good luck fella's...
Old 10-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deerslayer !

If I were you I'd of gotten out there tonight ,the deer would most likely be out if they know there's snow on the way .This is what i was thinking tonight as well . we're also expecting snow .
I'm hanging in there for the long haul this season ,I'm seeing so many deer it's crazy from past season's . I'll lewt you's know what happen's tomorrow evening . good luck to you Deerslayer .

nubo
Old 10-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

Come on you dead beats!! We need some more inches to add to our score!!

Just joking. Good luck everybody. Its getting ready to bust loose, get out there and stick a big-un!!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thing's are starting to happen here with thebuck's ,I'm finally seeing some here this week .But I'm not going to take just anyone Mike ,you set the bar now and I'm going to try to match ya .

nubo

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.