Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread >

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

John.

What you mean to tell me you have not shot that BIG BRUISER button buck yet
Old 10-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was so close tonight fella's. With about 15mins of shooting light left and not seeing anything i decided to do a slow sneek hunt back to where i parked my gator. I get about 50yds from it and see white in the crabapples. Which turned out to be the albino fawn i have been watching all summer and i know that where the albino is theres a big doe always with it so i decided to play my cards with wet ground and no wind the sneek was on. I get 25yds away behind a bush had the albino broadside giving me a shot for a min or two andthan i saw the big doe but to my suprise there was a buck right on her butt. A nice one also a solid 100" 9pt so i was thinking alright here we go. The doe walked out of the crabapples into the opening so i readied my xbow for the shot at the buck well he steps out just giving me a shot at the shoulder which is a no no so i kept waiting all the while my light is about gone well i figured i have nothing to loose im gona lay down and try to craw a few feet to the side which would have given me a clear shot at the bucki get over there fine bring my bow up to my shoulder the big doe spots me and goes on red alert and takes a step crossways blocking my shot at the buck and not giving me a shot at her either[:@]all the while the lil albino came into 10yd and had no clue what was going on well as luck would have it like it always does the doe snorts starts stomping and spooks and takes the buck with her. he was hott on her tail the whole way to the woods. The little albino just stands there so i stand up and start walking out and he just stays there he didnt spook till i got on my gator and started it up and than he just ran 50yds and resumed feeding. The albino is a button head and he's not a smart one either at that theres no way he will make it through gun season as that area is hunted heavily i just had no desire to shoot him [&:]some may call me weird but i just enjoy watching him and im really hoping he stays around a few years and gets a decent rack if he does THAN he may be in trouble . All in all it was a successful evening even though i didnt harvest the buck i still had a blast and now i know with all the cold weather and snow we just got a few days ago the bucks are starting to get dumb . man i love this time of year. My times coming here soon. Thats 2 bucks that have lucked out so far on me hopefully the next one isn't so lucky and i can put some points on the board for us fella's. Also on the way out i saw a deer walking across a field so i put the head lights on it and scoped it out with the binocs and it to was a buck with it's head down to the ground walking hot on the trail of a doe he looked to be a decent 60" or so 6pt. Well good luck fella's just figured i'd fill u in on my fun filled evening. I can sence bone here in the near future i'm due! [8D]Good luck Boys!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was out this morning and never seen a hint of a deer .But after I got out of stand ,I walked to my truck and dropped off my safety harness ,I can see my truck from my treestand if I look for it ,but I can only seea small sectionof the road from my stand. After dropping my harness off ,I went for a walk up the road thatI drove in on and found Doe and fawn track's plus that big monster's track'sIseen the other day right onmy tiretrack's that I drove in on ,of course this was the section of road that I wasn't able to see .It's good to see that this big buck is coming out after 7:00 am in the morning because this is twice this week he's been on this very road in daylight hour's ,so just maybe I'll catch up with him real soon .Also I noticed that there's a big scrape started about 20yrds from my treestand at the base of a apple tree that wasn't there before .I checked out the other path and field on the other side if the road and also found 4 new scrape's below another apple tree which had already had one scrape now has 5 scrape's around it ,so I guess the buck's are now on trhe prowl.
I took my game cam back into my mock scrape this morning as well and the scrape hasn't been touched ,so I moved it to an intersection of trail's about 30yrds from my treestand ,I can't get a shot from there ,but if he tries to approach downwind he'll be in my shooting lane ,of course this will depend on the wind ,but it usually come's from the south here . Just maybe this time I'll get some pic's since the reason my cam wasn't working was because the film wasn't in correctly ,but she's good to go now .Also what I forgot to say was the trail leading up to my scrape had had severel track's on it just none on the scrape . I'll be back out in the morning and then again tomorrow afternoon ,it seem's that night's are better than the morning ,but I'm learning now which stand's are better at which time of day,so I'll go with the stand's in the bush in the morning and the field's in the afternoon's . I'll let you's know how thing's go this weekend.
I'm tired and I'm heading for bed ,good night and good hunting guy's ,I wish you's all lot's of luck.

Sorry Deerslayer ,sound's as though you've had a very exciting day ,keep up the hard work and it'll pay off for you soon ,I'd also hope that most hunter's would leave the little albino alone ,but you know how it goe's it's a trophy in someone's book's ,let's just hope the little guy gets through this season unharmed .

nubo
Old 10-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

what's going on ya'll??? sorry i haven't checked in lately. i forgot about this forum up here!!! any luck yet???
Old 10-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys where is everyone? Doesn't seem like many people are checking in here very often. Hope everyone is doing alright and having some success. I went out last night and didn't see any deer i think because of people turkey hunting on the neighboring property it sounded like ww2 most of the evening. Hopefully i can get some horns for us here soon. The rut is kicking in so nows the time. Good luck guys.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's a wrote a post on my hunt yesterday and accidently posted it under the team forum's ,it's too long to write it over again so if you want to read it ,just check under the team threads .It was definately an awsome day ,but I'm yet to take one down ,I'm starting to get tired of having all these chance's to take deer and passing on them so I just hopeI have the will not to take a smaller buck. The thread title is called [What a morning ] The wind's are high here again tonight and I had my daughter's hockey game to attend to tonight ,so I passed on the hunting ,but I'll be out Wed and Thurs ,We'll see if we have the will then.

nubo
Old 11-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

This has been a real hard year . The doe slaughter here in 1a has made even seeing deer tough.Hopefully the rut brings more sightings. For those of you that still have deer you are the lucky ones.The goal here is 9 deer per square mile thats one deer per 71 acers what a joke, our biologist believe it takes 210 acres to grow a doe and 2 fawns.

Best of luck to the rest of you !
Old 11-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Bawanajim

Boy thats not very good odds . Where are you from agian ? I feel for you brother.

Well my luck has been a little better then that. I have seen countless does and young bucks and last night seen a shooter I had him at 62 yards and he would come no closer . He was about 20" wide and a 10 piont looked to me to be a 3 1/2 year old real tall rack would have to guess him to be 130" to 140" . He was in a hay field Iam going to try decoys next time I go out to that stand .

Have any of you ever tried decoys?

I hope everyone is getting to get out hunting . Good Luck!!
Old 11-02-2005, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am in north west PA 40 miles south of Erie.

I have used a decoy afew time some times it can be funny.This little buck would not leave.

Sorry the pics is on my shop computer I will post it later.

good luck to All.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's the pic.

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.