Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread >

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

Guy's !

By looking at the score card we're in 6th place as of today ,which is pretty darn good .There's starting to be alot of buck entries lately ,so we need to kick it in gear, and put another on the board to assist Ill Buck .We have 10 guy's on the team and if we each score with a buck it'll be hard to beat .That would be soooo fantastic and very hard to beat.So good luck guy's .
I'm heading out for a couple hr's this morning and then I'll be back out this evening ,so let's keep our finger's crossed .
Let's show these other team's that we're for real and there's a good reason we're called the Autumn ninja's .

nubo
Old 10-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's

What a morning ,I went into the stand that I hunted last night ,and the farmer was plowing the field ,soI decided to leave and check out some other area's ,I followed a trail that meet's up to an intersection in the wood's .The trail has been pretty active ,espeacially with a pretty good size buck ,you could follow the spur's all the way from one end to the other .As I continued out to my truck ,I came out of the bush and allI seen was horn's and ass heading down the road behind my parking spot ,BOY! this guy is a hogg ,he's huge and he's got lot's of mass ,asI stepped out to the road to watch him run directly down the road and into the bush that join's the field that i hunted last night .This is great because he just might show himself tonight and I may get a shot at him ,if so I'll need a couple more pair of hand's to get him out .He's a solid 8 for sure with good mass ,he's got me sooo excited ,but I have one problem ,the wind is coming from the north and this mean's that it'll blow my scent out into the field .So I'm hoping the wind change's before tonight or I'm not likely going to be able to hunt this area .I'm sure this guy is going to be in the field tonight which the owner is plowing as we speak .I'm crossing my finger's that that happen's ,I don't want to give this guy too much time to move out to another area .He walked out onto the road directly behind my truck at 9:45am from the field where I seen the 2 buck's last night ,I have no idea if this is one of the buck's that was out last night ,but I definately got a good look at him this morning .
So anyway's I'm going to hang all my gear out now and spray it liberally with wildlife research earth scent and get ready for tonight ,BOY am I ever excited ,I just can't wait for tonight .

nubo
Old 10-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

I didnt get to go hunting tonight cuz of work . The job Iam on is about over and one small one left so it will be lay off time and then I will get to hunt every day .

The weather here is perfect highs in the 50s lows in the mid 30s and its supose to stay that way . I now the bucks are moving but they just aint moving by me there here I see there tracks and scrapes every where but there is so much corn still in the fields its hard to catch sight of one.

Well Ill check in later See ya..
Old 10-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's !

Tonight the wind's were pretty high ,regardless i went out ,but wasn't able to hunt either of the 2 stand's that I really wanted to ,so I opted for the stand near my mock scrape .I found the problem with my cam ,the film wasn't in properly and that's why I haven't been getting any pic's ,It was very windy there as well but at least I was covering a bedding area with the wind in my face ,I did see 2 deer heading into the bedding area ,so I figure the wind was a factor for them as well .
WhenI left the wind's were starting to subside ,a little too late as far as I was concerned .I'm not able to get out now till Fri evening so we'll see what happen's then .

Good luck to all of you's

nubo
Old 10-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

Had a good evening tonight. Saw a forkhorn pushing a doe around and grunting at her some. To bad for her he pushed her just a little to close for comfort!!

Old 10-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow !ILL!

Your just a freakin killin machine aren't you ?

Way to go bud ,I'm heading for another WMU this weekend where I have an archery doe tagand if a good buck come's out he'll get it as well.I'll get her out of the way and then I'm after this Hogg I seen this morning ,this guy's a brute and if he's not 10 point's of solid mass then I need glasses , all I seen was horn's and body at full speed ahead . I was going to hunt the area he was in tonight ,but because the wind wasn't in my favour ,I decided not to pressure him and hunted elsewhere .We'll see what happen's Fri morn .

Congrat's on your doe Mike

nubo
Old 10-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks nubo!!

Some years things just work out!!I still got two weeks vacation starting the 4th of november and can still kill one morebuck!! Hopefully my luck will continue!

Good luck on the big buck. I got a feeling someone on team 1 is about to put some more inches on the board.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree I think it's gonna happen soon ,I'm poutting in lot's of time and just starting to see some buck's ,they may not be in pre-rut yet ,but it will be in the next couple week's . Good luck Mike and keep us posted .

nubo
Old 10-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Meat for the frezzer ILLBUCK got to love it. Yeah one of us needs to score here pretty soon to keep in the rat race. Ive beenI seeing enough deer just not the right ones.

I want to see one of those big Canadain whitetials with those chocolate horns . Come on Nubo!!!

Good luck guys!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm working on it Shane ,I'm seriously working on it . I won't be out now till Fri morn ,have to see what happen's . Good luck bud .

nubo

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.