Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Weed Control

Old 04-21-2003, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Weed Control

new to this board,

has anyone had good luck killing weeds in there clover field without killing off the clover?
Old 04-21-2003, 06:57 PM
SAK

Default RE: Weed Control

Depends on what kind of weeds. For grasses Vantage and Poast work very well. You can purchase them through QDMA or NA whitetail. To my knowledge there are no herbicides that will control broadleaf weeds in a clover plot. Like I said to MY knowledge, that is what this site is for, if there is some one will let us know.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:18 AM

Default RE: Weed Control

My understanding is that a product called 2, 4D-B is for Broad leaf weeds in a clover plot. I have also read of people using round-up wicks etc so it only gets on the tall weeds and not the clover.

My problem is finding the poast and vantage which only control grasses at a reasonable price. My local feed store had poast but sold it and said that now it only comes in at 2.5 gallon jug which is very expensive. Then there is poast plus which comes with the oil additive already in it, but my understanding is that the oil additive makes the herbicide cling to the clover as well and can burn the clover some. I have Whitetail Institute Clover and they don' t seem to tell me anything but just use Vantage.