Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is Poaching Okay???

Old 02-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is Poaching Okay???

poaching is wrong regardless.....they make seasons for a reason....if there is no season in , then go fishing...............raise chickens/rabbits.....there is NO excuse for poaching, y'all can sit there and justify it all you want, but like someone else said , it's just a copout,an excuse, a poor one at that......there is no way i'd fill my freezer with meat that i had taken illegally, no way.......i'd eat earthworms first.......to sit there and try to rationalize this is unreal.....the ones that agree with me arent high and mighty at all, we just have respect for the game that we harvest and the laws.........like i said, there's always fishing.........yeah, you might have to drive or walk a ways to get to that water, but if i needed to feed my family , i would get there one way or another.....
Old 02-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Starving and poaching are two different things.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Charlie , if you waited strictly for the police to drop off road kills to feed your family you'd have to watch your kids cry in hunger. Especially in desolate places like northern Wisconsin.
How many deer can you legally kill in desolate Norten Wisconsin? How many more of these big corn fed deer will it take to supplement the deer and all the other animals you can kill legally.

Basically what I'm saying is if it's really your last resort I'd have no problem with someone shooting a deer. As long as the people doing it don't have their frig backed with beer, enough money to buy cigs, a big screen TV a couple four wheelers in the yard.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

In this day and age I just don't understand how the "need to feed one's family" excuse can cut it anymore. There's a great deal of assistance out there, and donated meat and food. Would you guys also say it was alright for a man to rob someone so he could buy food?
Best answer I have read. I know of some very poor people, and none of them poach. On the other hand, most poachers today DO NOT poach to feed their families. They do it because they don't follow the laws, they want to hunt whereever they want without permission, and many are just after a rack.[:@]
Old 02-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Leafrivermac

Starving and poaching are two different things.
not when it's just as an accuse for poaching.....there are many ways to LEGALLY supplement your needs.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:47 PM

Basically what I'm saying is if it's really your last resort I'd have no problem with someone shooting a deer. As long as the people doing it don't have their frig backed with beer, enough money to buy cigs, a big screen TV a couple four wheelers in the yard.
I totally with this statement as they have stuff they can sell first!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Basically what I'm saying is if it's really your last resort I'd have no problem with someone shooting a deer. As long as the people doing it don't have their frig backed with beer, enough money to buy cigs, a big screen TV a couple four wheelers in the yard
Thank you! It's what I've been trying to say all along. The folks I'm refering to wouldn't have any TV or other "luxurys" that some folks take for granted. They dont live in rural areas where anyone can get a job flipping burgers or whatever. They dont have a pot to pi$$ in! They could care less wether the deer they shoot has antlers or not , they just want meat and the $5 they can get for the hide.

How many deer can you legally kill in desolate Norten Wisconsin?
The area I'm refering to (as with alot of areas in northern Wi) is not a t-zone unit. The areas are very desolate. If you bow and gun hunted you could get one deer for each season.

How many more of these big corn fed deer will it take to supplement the deer and all the other animals you can kill legally.
There are no corn fields anywhere near the areas I'm refering to.

I agree that theres a big difference in someone poaching to feed their family while having the same modern luxurys as most of (fridge stocked with beer) and someone who has nothing.
I also agree there are far more poachers who poach for big racks or whatever thrill they get from it.
I only know two families who truly need the food and I'm glad thats all I know because it is truly heart wrenching.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:01 PM

You all are some crazy people.. You think our government is going to give the not so fortunate people money? No they will not.. they spend to much time worrying about other countries. Yes i said it and i know i'm going to catch a load of **** for it but you know what its true. You bet your ass they go and help people from OTHER countries with your tax money. Its not the countries money that they are using. Wow your going to ask why I say this. Hmnmm, maybe the fact that we are a billion dollars in debt. Bill Gates has more money than our country.. Dont think i'm lieing. You all are going to laugh when you read this and think its pretty damn funny because a 17 year old kid is telling you the truth. Think about it like this.. Suck it up so be it if someone poaches a deer or two every month or so... Deer get hit by cars every day. I think i heard it on the news that over 400 deer get hit by cars a week. wow whats wrong with hitting a deer with ur car? the rich people get the deer and the poor people get ****.. less food to eat.. Call me old dumb ignorant or any other name callin words you have..its the truth though people can hit deer with there automobiles and not get in any damn trouble.. wow they have to spend about 1000+dollars to fix there car.. its not going to hurt to kill 1-2 deer. I'm out.. take it as you may
Old 02-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call me old dumb ignorant or any other name callin words you have
Don't think we really need to after your post.

Steve
Old 02-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Call me old dumb ignorant or any other name callin words you have
Don't think we really need to after your post.

Steve
so true.........hee hee giggle giggle............

Quick Reply: Is Poaching Okay???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.