Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is Poaching Okay???

Old 02-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is Poaching Okay???

When you need the meat in hard times? Something to provide for the family... Or is poaching still the wrong thing to do no matter what. Your 2 cents?
Old 02-01-2005, 03:05 PM

Default RE: Is Poaching Okay???

Poaching is poaching. . . sorry . . . bend for one and it ends up getting bent for others. Everyone then has a good reason to shoot.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

when and if it ever got that bad, its like hank jr. says , country boy can survive. most do what they have to, if it came to that you'd be suprised at what a person would do and what a person will eat.. food for thought.

anybody need my possum recipe
Old 02-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with m.t. , if it ever does get that bad and someone has to kill one to keep their family going, i couldnt stand in their way.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:14 PM

poaching is poaching no matter what. its against the law so hardtimes or not. there are other better, smarter solutions out there than breaking the law.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:50 PM

young gun and georga, u just went bank rupt and have nothin to sell for money. would u go and cap bambi to feed your kids or are u just to good for that? i personally think that is not poaching in my book thats feeding your family.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can remember in the recession My dad shot deer out of season on his own land for meat. The option of welfare was not available and How can I critisize a father trying to feed his family when He is doing everything possible to survive. I might be wrong ,but think there is not enough old members posting that can say they went to bed hungry half the time,had no heat and the toilet would have ice in it. had to wear clothes to big or small found in the trash.Go to school hungry and have kids laugh at your clothes. We ate what dad shot and thought of him as a hero for working 3 jobs so we at least had a roof over our heads.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

poaching is poaching no matter what. its against the law so hardtimes or not. there are other better, smarter solutions out there than breaking the law.
i didn't live during the depression and i'm not sure what your smarter solution would have been, but when it comes to a man providing for his family it changes things, i have never been there and you have propabaly not been there, but if it comes to it, i would trap, kill, or catch, whatever i had to to provide for my family, i'm not much for hand-outs.

i personally think that is not poaching in my book thats feeding your family.
yes it would still be poaching, but at this point who would care, i've never had to put a child in the bed that was hungry, and for this i thank God
Old 02-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

In this day and age I just don't understand how the "need to feed one's family" excuse can cut it anymore. There's a great deal of assistance out there, and donated meat and food. Would you guys also say it was alright for a man to rob someone so he could buy food?
Old 02-01-2005, 04:39 PM

I agree with rybohunter, if your in need of help there's alot out there or get another job, if you use it for an excuse then why not for theft and robbery. you can't compare 2005 to the depression era and what our fathers had to do or your grandfathers did. Where i live I hear that same excuse that its ok to poach so they can feed their familys, they think they're liveing 100 years ago and are still in the old west

Quick Reply: Is Poaching Okay???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.