Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is Poaching Okay???

Old 02-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is Poaching Okay???

Wait I forgot the police will give them to you and you won't even have to shoot one.
Charlie , if you waited strictly for the police to drop off road kills to feed your family you'd have to watch your kids cry in hunger. Especially in desolate places like northern Wisconsin.
First , you'll only get a roadkill if someone reports it and declines the deer , if it's not hamburger already. The police wont just see a deer on the side of the road and pick it up without knowing the time of death. The majority of time the person who reports it will claim it for themselves or someone they know.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:00 PM

Luknikk's wife again. Just so you guys have a clue, assistance isn't that easy to get! I was a single mom with six kids and I was told I made a dollar too much to get assistance. So many nights I had to go to bed hungry so that the kids didn't. If I could have killed something and been able to skin it I would have. So NO I don't find it wrong to provide for your family if that needs to be done. A F***in DOLLAR! And THEY won't bend the system for that either.
I work a full time job , as a medical assistant, worked overtime while my folks kept the kids and worked part time at a bar.......NOW what? Bills barely being paid and food is little. Ex isn't paying and the state said he didn't have to until a judge said he did, over a year later. Life isn't all black and white.

Thank God for me, Luknikk has a good job, we don't go hungry anymore and I can finish school for a better job than the one I had before....that paid a dollar to much for the system!
Deerseason Widow
Old 02-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lets see, no job, and no money! If you live where you can hunt very near to home, it won't cost much gas, and bullets are reasonably cheap. I'll give you that one. But for me, I'd have to drive an hour and a half to hunt deer! Thats gas money to and fro, with no guarantee of meat for the effort.
Now, you go out your door to hunt. Maybe a little trespassing, You get caught! A fine for tresspassing, a fine for hunting without a licence, a fine for illegal game, restitution for illegal game. Add to that for sure confiscation of your gun, and other hunting equipment. Possibly a bail bondsman and bail to boot! Very cost effective!
As others have said, maybe 1 in 100,000 cases would be justifiable! And please don't try to compare this to hunting being totally outlawed!
I'd say that if we hunt legal, be good sportsmen, and guard our sport from poachers and anti-hunters, we will never have to worry about being poachers because of our sport being banned!
Old 02-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Sometimes it may be by mistake. I mean a person could be in a management area where a spike has to be 5 inches. After he shoots the deer he finds out it was only 3 1/2 inches. I think it would be better to cut the deer up and take it home rather than leave a deer out there to rot. Very risky though.
Chuck
Old 02-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I respect the man that kills to feed his family more than the man who pays 10 grand for a trophy to hang on the wall.
The first and formost law is this.
Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."" (Genesis 9:1-3)
Old 02-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I honestly hope your never faced with this problem! You wont be able to afford to move by the way.
It sounds to me like your one of the "proud" folks I was refering to. When faced with a situation like that , one of your standards would have to change.
I'm betting on venison on the table!
Too late ,
I've already looked the dragon of nothingness in the eye and prevailed . On several occasions in my life I've been without for long periods , usually by choice , sometimes not . I have prevailed , and simultaneously sheltered others , for the simple reason that I refuse to lose . I would gladly dig ditches long before I would take assistance , and have , but neither I nor my family have ever missed a meal on my account .
Maybe I'm just different ...

I have never felt anything close to the need to take what was not mine , and never will , nor will I pretend to understand those who would rationalize crime .

Call that what you will , but don't bother to ask me to apologize for saying it , you'll have a very long wait ahead of you .
Old 02-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I honestly hope your never faced with this problem! You wont be able to afford to move by the way.
It sounds to me like your one of the "proud" folks I was refering to. When faced with a situation like that , one of your standards would have to change.
I'm betting on venison on the table!
Old 02-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

Just rob a bank. Any thing you say to justify a crime won't hold water. It's still a crime. There better and smater ways to deal with your needs. Ask for help, yes, swallow your pride. "Pride goeth before a fall."
Old 02-06-2005, 02:41 AM

i didnt realize that there was that many ignorant people who think they are so perfect. 1865 i agree there are times when u have to do whats needed. my childhood was similiar to yours when i was growing up in the 70`s. the state most of the time makes it hard for the working man while they cater to the lazy slobs who have never had a job. i make more than enough to pay my bills and feed my family, but i can also say i wouldnt hesitate to bust a deer if my situation was bad. screw the game laws, when my family is in need the laws take a back seat to the welfare of my kids. and i dont blame any man who feels the same way. so all u high and mighty "its poaching guys' GO AHEAD AND CAST THE FIRST STONE. BUT DONT CONDEMN A MAN TILL U HAVE WALKED A MILE IN HIS SHOES
Old 02-06-2005, 05:43 AM

yes, poaching is against the law. However last night i read a book by bill bynum where he was given three 22 shorts a day to hunt. in the event it is that bad again there will be no government assistance, and i will do what ever it takes to feed my family.l

Quick Reply: Is Poaching Okay???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.