HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is Poaching Okay???
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 01:30 PM
BOWFANATIC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is Poaching Okay???

Basically what I'm saying is if it's really your last resort I'd have no problem with someone shooting a deer. As long as the people doing it don't have their frig backed with beer, enough money to buy cigs, a big screen TV a couple four wheelers in the yard
Thank you! It's what I've been trying to say all along. The folks I'm refering to wouldn't have any TV or other "luxurys" that some folks take for granted. They dont live in rural areas where anyone can get a job flipping burgers or whatever. They dont have a pot to pi$$ in! They could care less wether the deer they shoot has antlers or not , they just want meat and the $5 they can get for the hide.

How many deer can you legally kill in desolate Norten Wisconsin?
The area I'm refering to (as with alot of areas in northern Wi) is not a t-zone unit. The areas are very desolate. If you bow and gun hunted you could get one deer for each season.

How many more of these big corn fed deer will it take to supplement the deer and all the other animals you can kill legally.
There are no corn fields anywhere near the areas I'm refering to.

I agree that theres a big difference in someone poaching to feed their family while having the same modern luxurys as most of (fridge stocked with beer) and someone who has nothing.
I also agree there are far more poachers who poach for big racks or whatever thrill they get from it.
I only know two families who truly need the food and I'm glad thats all I know because it is truly heart wrenching.