Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is Poaching Okay???

Old 02-08-2005, 09:00 AM

Default RE: Is Poaching Okay???

poaching is not ok at all
Old 02-08-2005, 09:18 AM

A lot of people here are forgetting the fact that almost all year long there is a season for something. If times get rough and it's not deer season, then hunt what is in season...heck go down to the pond and catch a hundred or so perch and catfish. They are always in season most places, and it's not hard to catch them. You can probably get more meals out of fishing each day than you could hunting for a week in some places. And also, if MOST cases, if you can get out to hunt, you can physically handle a desk job or do something to make some cash. My dad's company was closed a year or two back after he'd worked there for 30 years and was at the top. A company in Chicago bought the small Oklahoma business and shut them down from several state's away[:@], and they didn't care about families or the good business. But my dad started a window washing company. Yes, he was a top dog businessman at a good business, but when it was gone he made the adjustment to make ends meet until he found a better job again.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:15 PM

If you were very poor and had no other alternative then yah,do what you gotta do to survive. If you shoot an extra deer or two after you already bagged your limit or, it's not hunting season then, IT'S NOT OKAY!
Old 02-08-2005, 07:56 PM

I've read a lot of responses on here and it seems like its split right down the middle. people have said that feeding your family in hard times justifies poaching. others have said that poaching is poaching and either way you put it its breaking the law.

i agree with both sides DEPENDING on the situation. if your family is starving, truly starving, with nothing left to sell, then poach. go ahead and put food on the table. only if thats your last option though! but you'd have to be damn poor to have to need to poach for food. now im not in any way saying that poaching isn't against the law if you need food. poaching is still poaching and if you do it then you have to be prepared for the consequences. i dont know what i would do. but put in a situation where things could't in any way be worse and i was starving, then i'd go out and shoot a rabbit or squirrel. but thats if my friends cant do anything, i have nothing to sell, and i have no other option. i cant emphesize how extremely poor you'd have to be to need to poach and even then, how much do you think your gun could fetch? a good gun if not damaged in my opionion (depending on the gun) could get at least $200. thats for a larger rifle however. now i realize you cant do much with $200 but you could buy some food. after you use up the money, go out and poach your heart out. but if your caught then expect punishment.

I can see how poaching could be neccessary and yet against the law. im not trying to take a single side here but whats listed above is just my opinion.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Poaching is poaching no way around that. It is the same as stealing. With so many Govt. handouts, there is NO reason for anyone in America to go hungry. Most are either lazy or to sorry to work. That is not to say there are exceptions. But still we are in the land of plenty & no reason for anyone to starve.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

It is very eazy to figer out the people that have money and live in the citys.It is allso eazy to figer out who lives in the out laying lands.I would bet if all the people that where dead aginst killing for food In off times poated where they lived MOST would live in some big city.You will be very hard pressed to find a farmer that has not had some one in his family kill a few deer to eat.I know this is not a tottla fix for the middle class. This just helps get a little food on the table till crops come in or summer brakes so they can go mack to work.

The people that say fish for food have not read there rule books good. On most all fish there is a limet on the amout of fish you can have TOTAL. Tham means in your frezzer allso not just on the bank.Normaly if your day limet is 5 you can only have 10 at any time even in your house.Here in montana they just BUSTED a guy I fished with a few times for haveing to many fish in his frezzer. He had 14 trout you are only aloud 10.If his wife would have had a licens they could have had 20.The wordens came to his hous to check his frezzer for to many deer. Him and his nabber are fewding so he called him in. Well he did not have to many deer and all where taged but got a ticket for the fish. $50 apice for over the 10.

I say do what you have to if you get cought you pay the price.It is no difrant than all the TAX dogging out there for the rich.Every one on this websight has broken one law at some time. It is just they allways can justify there law breaking but if any one else breaks it they should get the book thrown at them.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are two sides to this, in my opinion. First, there is poaching which can be seen as killing for no reason at all. However, in this case, if shooting a deer for food if you have no other choice to survive, I would not view it as poaching. It is for your survival.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:48 AM

Poaching is just fine, that's why its been outlawed.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: i shoot stuff

u just went bank rupt and have nothin to sell for money. would u go and cap bambi to feed your kids? i personally think that is not poaching in my book thats feeding your family.
i think it is just feeding your family if u are having hard times then i wold shot a bambie think back in the 1700's when they needed to do it to survive it would be the same thing as now TO SURVIVE! use what god gave u but dont abuse it!

Old 02-12-2005, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Slamfire

i
t was outlawed because of those treehugers and people abuse there right to hunt and fish when they need to!

Quick Reply: Is Poaching Okay???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.