Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Jeep Anti Commercial?

Old 01-08-2002, 04:03 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-08-2002, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Jeep Anti Commercial?

I don't think the folks at Jeep would be that blatantly "anti." Have you ever said something that came out all wrong? I think that must be the case here. I think they were trying to make a funny, but the "joke" came across like a lead balloon. Perhaps we should write to their website and ask for clarification before we pass serious judgement.

Was it a bad commercial? Undoubtedly. I'll get back to the BBS when they send me a response.
Old 01-08-2002, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

The lease on my Jeep is up in a few months...

hmmmmm. Think I'll get another??? not a chance.
Old 01-08-2002, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not at all surprised you saw it on MTV since they are one of the biggest anti-gun, anti-hunting, politically correct networks out there.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Here is a copy of the letter I sent to Jeep. I'll let you know how they respond.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Clarification of new Jeep commercial airing on television

Comments:

Good morning, I am requesting clarification about a new Jeep TV commercial that aired recently. In it, there are two deer strapped to a Jeep vehicle. The vehicle transports the deer to a non-hunting area and releases them. Many of my hunting friends take offence at this commercial. Are they being a little to sensitive? They believe that this is a statement by your company against hunting. I am also a hunter, and strive to hunt ethically and to care for the environment that I enjoy so much. My question is this: Is this the beginning of a stand by the Jeep company against hunting, or is this intended as a &quot;tongue-in-cheek&quot; commercial? Is this commercial targeted toward those that sypathize with the &quot;anti-hunting&quot; movement?

I thank you for your time in responding to my inquiry.

V/R, <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 01-08-2002, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Now come on here guys! ! I thought that was funny! Sure I guess it can be taken both ways but so can many things. Ever said something that came out wrong? Or that could be taken a differant way? Of course you have. This is no differant. Look at the tremendous amount of other advertiseing that Jeep does to try to gain or keep, the outdoors mans market. YOu don't throw that away with a add that will counter your message, this is humor and that's all it is.

Old 01-08-2002, 08:52 AM

What???? Do you guys think they scribbled this add out on paper Saturday morning, shot it that afternoon for airing on Sunday? Trust me this was no accident. A mistake? Yes! Every add that is put on television is viewed and reviewed very carefully. Much discussion does into what demographics they are trying to attracted with the commercial. As well as the enterainment value. Advertising is big business. And companies want results, not funny adds. In regards to the letter sent to Jeep by Mizzou2002. They will deny that the commercial has an antihunter message. Why? Because they want you to buy another jeep too. Generally a letter with a stronger message has more of an effect.(I regret that your current advertising strategies has cause me to cease my purchases of your products. Be advised that I will be talking to others who might me considering purchasing your vehicles to look elsewhere). Personnally, I'll stick with chevy.

Edited by - Borch on 01/08/2002 09:56:27
Old 01-08-2002, 10:38 AM
Spike

Any hunter who is NOT offended by this add must be living in hicksville or watching too many
hunting shows. A deer carcass strapped to a vehicle is HIGHLY offensive to an anti-hunter.
The fact that the ad begins with this scene is an obvious attempt to grab the attention of the
anti-‘s, and the ending consoles their fears. The fact that the ad is appearing on non-hunting
related shows adds further insult to injury. If the deer was shown simply hiding in the woods
or outsmarting the hunter would be one thing, but to suggest that he needs the assistance of
a human leaves nothing to the imagination as to WHO is behind the ad.

<font size=4>Make no mistake, this ad is promoting the anti-hunting agenda!
Please let Jeep know you don't approve. Try their customer service below:</font id=size4>

http://www.chrysler.com/universal/C/...r=wccs&prefix=

Edited by - grundsow on 01/09/2002 07:31:57
Old 01-08-2002, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Borch, feel free to correspond with them yourself if you don't like the wording of my letter. There are other marketing plans they have that I don't go along with either.

For instance, their new claim that &quot;during WWII, they were there...&quot;

The name &quot;Jeep&quot; came from the acronym &quot;G.P.&quot;, which is short for general purpose. There was no company called &quot;Jeep&quot; at the time. There was a company that subsequently bought the plans/rights to the vehicle for resale though, under the name &quot;Jeep.&quot; (It's similar to the &quot;Hummer&quot; today.)

Jeep (the company) was not there... They have no right to claim they were.

Edited by - mizzou2002 on 01/08/2002 12:54:25
Old 01-08-2002, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still waiting for it to come on so I can see it. What channel besides MTV have you seen it on because I refuse to watch MTV for any reason.

Quick Reply: Jeep Anti Commercial?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.