Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Jeep Anti Commercial?

Old 01-07-2002, 01:58 PM

Default Jeep Anti Commercial?

I saw a commercial on MTV last night for the Jeep Grand Cherokee in which a guy driving the Jeep has a deer strapped to his hood, riding down a dirt road. He even passes a hunter, who is high in his stand, just off the road. The Jeep then pulls up to an area where the signs say "no deer hunting allowed". He then gets out of the Jeep, un-straps the deer, and leans over and whispers to the deer, "don't worry, you're safe now". Whats up with this? Anybody else seen this?
Old 01-07-2002, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Jeep Anti Commercial?

Yea I saw that. At first I started laughing, but then thought about it and wondered if the meaning behind it was truly anti hunting or just a witty idea for a commercial.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe instead of being a hunting rig they want to be known as a anti-rig .Guess sales must really be bad and as far as I'm concerned they will get worse .
Old 01-07-2002, 03:14 PM

Jeeps are not for real outdoorsmen anymore! They're for the yuppy wannabe's that can't afford an Infinity Q-45 or a Range Rover(aka POS)or an Acura MDX etc.... At least thats the way it is in East Georgia.
If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!

Edited by - shorthair on 01/07/2002 16:18:29
Old 01-07-2002, 03:31 PM

I saw the commercial and it pissed me off. Have never owned a Jeep and now I know that I never will in the future.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:13 PM

How do you know he wasn't whispering to the Jeep that it was safe. It's risky business driving a deer out of the woods given the abundance of hack road hunters. We had one drill a women right in the head here just a few weeks ago as she walked down a town road with her dogs. She's dead and he feels really bad.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:24 PM

It is easy to see he is whispering right in the deers face. He unstraps the deer, and she jumps up and walks off. What does that have to do with this commmercial?
Old 01-07-2002, 05:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-07-2002, 07:57 PM

I have not seen this commercial, nor has my wife. We both have Jeep Wrangler Sports. But if I were to see this ad, it would probably upset me if this is the way the ad goes! I have done alot of hunting and fishing in my Jeeps over the years, (I've had 3 of them)and never had a problem getting to where I want to go. But this will prompt me to go look for a Chrysler or a Jeep website and give an opinion about it. I suggest that all hunters do the same.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:57 PM

I have not seen this commercial, nor has my wife. We both have Jeep Wrangler Sports. But if I were to see this ad, it would probably upset me if this is the way the ad goes! I have done alot of hunting and fishing in my Jeeps over the years, (I've had 3 of them)and never had a problem getting to where I want to go. But this will prompt me to go look for a Chrysler or a Jeep website and give an opinion about it. I suggest that all hunters do the same.

Quick Reply: Jeep Anti Commercial?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.