Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cwd ????

Old 08-31-2015, 12:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by gjersy
I question the "smarts" of allowing deer farms anywhere, as the risks associated with the given realities of CWD, and the poor track records of high fence deer farmers is well documented! It is also well documented that CWD got into Canada via Elk, from Elk farms in the US.
If you and the old man did some research you would see that every elk taken out of the research facility was sold to Canada-Zoo's and Ranches in that state! CWD in Canada cam from man, just like it did in the states! I can't believe how some of you guys can spout off and not even have a clue to what the truth of what you are saying is! Unreal how clueless most are to CWD yet they talk like they have a clue! Hey old man. Look up 1200 acre ranches and maybe you will find me!!!
Old 08-31-2015, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

284 of 356 deer from a high fence deer farm in north central Iowa claimed the infamous record of the highest percentage rate of CWD ever. The title was held formally by a high fence deer farm near Portage Wisconsin, unfortunately that deer farm, in portage county, let 30 deer escape into my state! And it happened again in Eau Claire county Wisconsin this summer! Again there is a poor track record of High fence deer farmers, they need to be banned.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BigTime1
Again!! Your Choice! You don't think people hunt at these places?
No, they don't hunt at these places. They may shoot and kill livestock but they sure don't hunt. You do know there is a difference right? I'll take my mulies, whitetails, elk, pronghorn and bear from the wide open expanses of the west and you can try and peddle your livestock. No true hunter would allow themselves to sink to those levels.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Big whatever, I have been involved with the the research and facts about CWD since it reared its ugly head in states bordering PA. I then observed breeders totally ignoring safety measures to make money in breeding. I live in a county that has more captive deer breeders than any of the 67 counties in my state. For the likes of you to tell me to do some research is freaking laughable. You are no more than a shill, probably self appointed, for the captive deer industry tossing out red herrings to make people look away from the fact that CWD is associated with captive bred cervids. You certainly don't approach the title of semi knowledgeable. Prevaricator though would fit. You don't even have the guts to identify your operation which says a lot about you. You aren't swaying anyone, you aren't impressing anyone except perhaps yourself. Your nonsense does not counter actual research, some of which has been posted, in fact in the light of the research your words are ridiculous beyond measure.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Big whatever, I have been involved with the the research and facts about CWD since it reared its ugly head in states bordering PA. I then observed breeders totally ignoring safety measures to make money in breeding. I live in a county that has more captive deer breeders than any of the 67 counties in my state. For the likes of you to tell me to do some research is freaking laughable. You are no more than a shill, probably self appointed, for the captive deer industry tossing out red herrings to make people look away from the fact that CWD is associated with captive bred cervids. You certainly don't approach the title of semi knowledgeable. Prevaricator though would fit. You don't even have the guts to identify your operation which says a lot about you. You aren't swaying anyone, you aren't impressing anyone except perhaps yourself. Your nonsense does not counter actual research, some of which has been posted, in fact in the light of the research your words are ridiculous beyond measure.
Yeah right...I showed you your research awhile back showing that the prions were put in the urine by man. Really i showed you a few times but it does not compute for some reason.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by gjersy
284 of 356 deer from a high fence deer farm in north central Iowa claimed the infamous record of the highest percentage rate of CWD ever. The title was held formally by a high fence deer farm near Portage Wisconsin, unfortunately that deer farm, in portage county, let 30 deer escape into my state! And it happened again in Eau Claire county Wisconsin this summer! Again there is a poor track record of High fence deer farmers, they need to be banned.
Yes what the state of Iowa would like you tp believe...Truth is that only 2 out of all those animals were CWD positive in both brain and nodes.For a deer to be 100% positive it has to be found in the brain. They only found it in the nodes in the rest which means they only had the gene to carry CWD....Just as people carry the cancer gene without having cancer. That case was a joke in Iowa which is why at court they lost the battle and it cost them a cool 1.6 million to the farmer.

The best part was hearing was hearing them admit that CWD was not a highly contagious disease. Under oath in front of the judge. That farm is no longer under lock down and they are free to use their property again! As they should. States cant just yank peoples land away from them and say they are locked from using it as they see fit. Hence the 1.6 of taxpayers monies lost by that states strong arming of private citizens. Cost them a pile!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigTime1
Yes what the state of Iowa would like you tp believe...Truth is that only 2 out of all those animals were CWD positive in both brain and nodes.For a deer to be 100% positive it has to be found in the brain. They only found it in the nodes in the rest which means they only had the gene to carry CWD....Just as people carry the cancer gene without having cancer. That case was a joke in Iowa which is why at court they lost the battle and it cost them a cool 1.6 million to the farmer.

The best part was hearing was hearing them admit that CWD was not a highly contagious disease. Under oath in front of the judge. That farm is no longer under lock down and they are free to use their property again! As they should. States cant just yank peoples land away from them and say they are locked from using it as they see fit. Hence the 1.6 of taxpayers monies lost by that states strong arming of private citizens. Cost them a pile!
Man you are 100% laughable. Just where in the world do you get your misinformation from? There has NOT been a genetic barrier nor genetic susceptibility found in whitetail deer. The ONLY related information is here in this research which shows that there are SOME variations that will SLOW the PROGRESSION of the disease but NOTHING has yet to be identified that will STOP it on a genetic level. This is research from the Journal of General Virology and the study was conducted through Wisconsin's Dept of animal health and Biomedical sciences, at University of Wisconsin and the Veterinary Diagnostic Lab in Wisconsin.

The primary sequence of the prion protein affects susceptibility to transmissible spongiform
encephalopathies, or prion diseases, in mice, sheep and humans. The Prnp gene sequence of
free-ranging, Wisconsin white-tailed deer was determined and the Prnp genotypes of chronic
wasting disease (CWD)-positive and CWD-negative deer were compared. Six amino acid changes
were identified, two of which were located in pseudogenes. Two alleles, a QRK polymorphism
at codon 226 and a single octapeptide repeat insertion into the pseudogene, have not been
reported previously. The predominant alleles – wild-type (Q95, G96 and Q226) and a G96S
polymorphism – comprised almost 98 % of the Prnp alleles in the Wisconsin white-tailed deer
population. Comparison of the allelic frequencies in the CWD-positive and CWD-negative deer
suggested that G96S and a Q95H polymorphism were linked to a reduced susceptibility to CWD.
The G96S allele did not, however, provide complete resistance, as a CWD-positive G96S/G96S
deer was identified. The G96S allele was also linked to slower progression of the disease in
CWD-positive deer based on the deposition of PrPCWD in the obex region of the medulla oblongata.
Although the reduced susceptibility of deer with at least one copy of the Q95H or G96S allele
is insufficient to serve as a genetic barrier, the presence of these alleles may modulate the impact of
CWD on white-tailed deer populations.
Now, you can fall back on your little man in a lab coat running around infecting deer again since yet ANOTHER one of your bogus claims is shot down. Keep trying kiddo. You might stumble into the light of day sometime.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:25 PM
Spike

Have any of you guys removed lymph nodes and the brain stem from a whitetail deer's head and filled out the paper work and submitted it to the veterinary laboratory?
Old 08-31-2015, 05:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Man you are 100% laughable. Just where in the world do you get your misinformation from? There has NOT been a genetic barrier nor genetic susceptibility found in whitetail deer. The ONLY related information is here in this research which shows that there are SOME variations that will SLOW the PROGRESSION of the disease but NOTHING has yet to be identified that will STOP it on a genetic level. This is research from the Journal of General Virology and the study was conducted through Wisconsin's Dept of animal health and Biomedical sciences, at University of Wisconsin and the Veterinary Diagnostic Lab in Wisconsin.

Now, you can fall back on your little man in a lab coat running around infecting deer again since yet ANOTHER one of your bogus claims is shot down. Keep trying kiddo. You might stumble into the light of day sometime.
Yeah your point? Who said anything about stopping anything? Whatever you printed has nothing to do with what i said. Are you trying to tell me that a deer is 100% CWD positive if only found in a node?

Last edited by BigTime1; 08-31-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uhhh yes! If the prions are found IN the deer ANYWHERE then it is infected. They just haven't reached the brain yet. If it's only in the nodes then they haven't progressed to the brain. They wouldn't be showing signs. Pretty simplistic to understand even for a remedial reader. You were suggesting that the deer found to only be carrying in the nodes were just carriers and that it was genetically based. Which is 100% incorrect. Keep backpeddeling there BigTime1. The educated are watching and having a good laugh from your ignorance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.