Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cwd ????

Old 08-31-2015, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sadly I would not be surprised if there is a day in this country where most hunting is done inside a fence. Hopefully I'm not around to see that day.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Nonsense, now you are an expert on how to manage a state wide deer herd. You see wild deer are a bit different, they aren't in an enclosure, they can go where ever they want to go so you can't manage them like domestic cattle. The people who can afford to or are willing to pay the ridiculous price go to a high fence operation and shop, not hunt for a buck, are far and a way in the minority and they will never compete with public hunting with a hunting license. If they are willing to waste their money and shop for some bone to hang on the wall, more power to them but high fence hunting will never be a serious competitor with actual hunting. The fact of the matter is you are trying way too hard and stretching the truth way to far to the point it is not the truth to protect your own interest. I would rather protect the interest of the average Joe hunter who pays for wildlife conservation in the various states than protect your deer market.
That your choice to see things any way you want but the a average Joe is getting sick of spending thousands every year and seeing no deer. Look at all the states that have no deer numbers and even closed down some seasons. Yup high fence is here to stay! As it should! People like to have a choice to hunt mature healthy deer in a safe area!
Old 08-31-2015, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BigTime1
That your choice to see things any way you want but the a average Joe is getting sick of spending thousands every year and seeing no deer.

The average "Joe" isn't spending thousands of $$$ to hunt deer. The average "Joe" hunts close to home and maybe spends a couple of hundred $$$ at most.

Look at all the states that have no deer numbers and even closed down some seasons.

What states would those be? Exactly what state has "no deer numbers"? I've even hunted deer in Hawaii when I was stationed there. And exactly what seasons have been "shut down"?

Yup high fence is here to stay! As it should! (So says the guy that is pimping the product!) People like to have a choice to hunt mature healthy deer in a safe area!

Shooting deer in a pen isn't hunting. It is simply killing and in my opinion it gives the average "Joe" hunting deer a bad name. I would never pollute either my game pole or my freezer with a pen raised deer. I safely hunt mulies, whitetails, elk, pronghorn and bear in a safe area that is comprised nearly totally of public land. And I'd much rather eat a bowl of tag soup that pay for your services.

Gonna have to disagree with you. Very few hunters actually need or want your services.

Last edited by flags; 08-31-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lazy, inexperienced braggarts with money are the only ones that shoot in those places. I'm not totally against deer farms. I AM totally against shooting pens. Deer farms provide restaurants with whitetail, elk and other deer meat products just the same as beef. And that is fine and dandy. Domesticated on the hoof products. Calling yourself a hunter when you go into a small 200 acres or even a 100 acres enclosure to pop a humanized deer that was pen raised for the bone on it's head is ludicrous at best. Paying someone 10k+ for that is someone with absolutely more money than brains.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
Gonna have to disagree with you. Very few hunters actually need or want your services.
Again!! Your Choice! You don't think people hunt at these places? How do they stay in the bizz? How can it be that you can go to some states in the month of December and not find an antlered buck for sale from any farm? Because they are sold out!!!! Ranches can't keep enough bucks in their ranches to supply the demand! Why do you think there are so many deer farms and high fence being the fastest growing industry in the country? You must be wearing blinders? You ever get any hunting info from the state of Pa or Minn hunters! Their DNR's have about killed their hunting with to many tags on top of EHD and Wolves! The list goes on. Illinois will be the next disaster in the next year or two! Ohio? Take a listen to some of those hunters? Now states with CWD.... No deer population problems with all the deer and tags they can handle. It's not hard to find this info if you just listen! There is not a state in the country that has high fence that are not just as busy as they can be! Supply and demand runs a business. Ya don't see those numbers going backwards do ya? I myself have watched nay-Sayers walk out of 1200 acre enclosers many a times empty handed. I am sure many ranch owners could say the same about their operation! Ya never did it then ya have no clue. Just more speculation. Seems there is plenty of that around here!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Lazy, inexperienced braggarts with money are the only ones that shoot in those places. I'm not totally against deer farms. I AM totally against shooting pens. Deer farms provide restaurants with whitetail, elk and other deer meat products just the same as beef. And that is fine and dandy. Domesticated on the hoof products. Calling yourself a hunter when you go into a small 200 acres or even a 100 acres enclosure to pop a humanized deer that was pen raised for the bone on it's head is ludicrous at best. Paying someone 10k+ for that is someone with absolutely more money than brains.
A lot of people are so out of touch with reality even that brings them closer.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big difference between a 1200 acre enclosure and a 100-200 acre enclosure. With a couple of exceptions, I don't consider a 1000 acre enclosure to be a "canned" hunt. Those exceptions being over populated and hand fed humanized animals. As long as the place has adequate cover, food, water and room for escape then more power to them. I've been tempted more than a few times to hit a couple places in Texas for some exotics for the meat. I'm a meat hunter not a bone/horn collector anymore. But I have heard that some of the African breeds such as the Orix (spelling not sure of) is some of the best meat that will ever pass your lips. Can't bring home the meat from Africa so I don't go. But those big ranches down in Texas I could. Just never pulled the trigger on doing it. I normally get Elk, Moose, Caribou, Whitetail in the freezer most every year and even add some Bison to it occasionally. Not to mention the hundreds of hogs I typically kill every year (except this one, dang gravity!) so I don't NEED the meat. Still doesn't mean I don't WANT it

Little canned operations such as yours BigTime1 or WildOutdoorsWhtl or whoever you are are what gives hunters black eyes in the eyes of the anti's. You have nothing I or any HUNTER wants. You just have lazy clients that are either too lazy or too ignorant to get out and actually HUNT for a trophy whitetail.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would think if Bigtime is proud of his operation he would identify the name and state it is located in.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I question the "smarts" of allowing deer farms anywhere, as the risks associated with the given realities of CWD, and the poor track records of high fence deer farmers is well documented! It is also well documented that CWD got into Canada via Elk, from Elk farms in the US.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nah gjersy, that can't be true, Bigtime says CWD was caused by people injecting animals and if the owner of a captive animal operation say so in order protect his business, a business that he will not idenfity, and to protect other captive deer operations, why it must be true. All the biologists and scientists are wrong because Bigtime says so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.