Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cwd ????

Old 08-31-2015, 04:47 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
While we understand what you are saying, there are other vectors to spreading CWD, but a states Game Commission only has control of Urine scents, and Deer baiting. Where the States Agriculture department has the other controls that may include depending on state Deer Farms. We cannot ask the Game Commission to regulate something not under their control. We can petition the Agriculture Dept. but we are all pretty sure how that will go. Heck you will probably have more support getting subsidies stopped, but I doubt it will happen.
Yes Sir...And think about that for a second! You cant tell me that they dont know that crop farmers can spread this crap, all across the country and world and infect every state in only 1 years time. If CWD was the bad dod they try to get some to belive it is then EVERY vector would be shut down instantly. Not just deer farms and deer urine.

This is just another political push by game comish to try and rid their compitition. Always has been a political disease.

Its starting to turn the other way now and you mark my words...It wont be long and you will be hearing and reading from the same people soon that CWD is not a big threat and has been an over reaction on their parts. The federal Govt will no longer pay for testing and research and now put that on states laps and states now no longer think its worth their money to test for something they know is there but is causing no harm to any herds!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigTime1
Yes Sir...And think about that for a second! You cant tell me that they dont know that crop farmers can spread this crap, all across the country and world and infect every state in only 1 years time. If CWD was the bad dod they try to get some to belive it is then EVERY vector would be shut down instantly. Not just deer farms and deer urine.

This is just another political push by game comish to try and rid their compitition. Always has been a political disease.

Its starting to turn the other way now and you mark my words...It wont be long and you will be hearing and reading from the same people soon that CWD is not a big threat and has been an over reaction on their parts. The federal Govt will no longer pay for testing and research and now put that on states laps and states now no longer think its worth their money to test for something they know is there but is causing no harm to any herds!
I disagree completely, Agriculture Dept. would fight tooth and nail from shutting down any production of crops for any reason.

Not sure how you keep returning crop harvest back to the Game Commission though, it is not under their jurisdiction. They could politic all they want but they have no say in crops. Also not sure what you think the Game Com. is competing with? Deer Farms? Yeah I don't think they are that concerned about that.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
I disagree completely, Agriculture Dept. would fight tooth and nail from shutting down any production of crops for any reason.

Not sure how you keep returning crop harvest back to the Game Commission though, it is not under their jurisdiction. They could politic all they want but they have no say in crops. Also not sure what you think the Game Com. is competing with? Deer Farms? Yeah I don't think they are that concerned about that.
LOL...Are you serious? You dont think they know how many people hunt behind fence and the monies it generates? Dont fool yourself. They would love nothing more.

I dont bring in Game Comish per say when i speak of all vectors. I speak of the federal Govt

If this was a big killer and a big threat then EVERY vector would be halted in their tracks. Corn shipment all across the country would be the first on the list. When a guy say in Ny can buy a bag of CWD ladden corn from the hot zone in the CWD plastered state of Wisconsin right of the shelf in his Ny Tractor Supply store there is something wrong there!!!!

Last edited by BigTime1; 08-31-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Really? You have just shown your tinfoil hat. You think the PGC views high fence operations as competition! How ridiculous. I suppose you also think they view other states as competition and want to close those states down as well. It is good that you continue to post because the longer you go the more people can see how irrational and self serving your posts are. You sound like a desperate man, willing to say anything to protect captive deer operations and in the process, truth is not a consideration
Old 08-31-2015, 05:49 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Really? You have just shown your tinfoil hat. You think the PGC views high fence operations as competition! How ridiculous. I suppose you also think they view other states as competition and want to close those states down as well. It is good that you continue to post because the longer you go the more people can see how irrational and self serving your posts are. You sound like a desperate man, willing to say anything to protect captive deer operations and in the process, truth is not a consideration
Really? Give Mrs Martin a call and ask her that very question. Less hunters in this world every day, more hunters hunting big healthy deer behind fence and the list goes on...Boils down to less money for them. They hunt with us and they dont buy their hunting tags to hunt with them. Been that way for years! Trust me...desperate is not even in the conversation. High fence and deer farming= Big Bucks and in todays world thats all its about for most, This is one indutry that is going nowhere but up. Billions and Billions of dollars a year,
You cant touch that kind of power!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigTime1
LOL...Are you serious? You dont think they know how many people hunt behind fence and the monies it generates? Dont fool yourself. They would love nothing more.

I dont bring in Game Comish per say when i speak of all vectors. I speak of the federal Govt

If this was a big killer and a big threat then EVERY vector would be halted in their tracks. Corn shipment all across the country would be the first on the list. When a guy say in Ny can buy a bag of CWD ladden corn from the hot zone in the CWD plastered state of Wisconsin right of the shelf in his Ny Tractor Supply store there is something wrong there!!!!
Last I seen, nationwide these fenced hunting operations bring in about 4.5 million annually, now compare that to the 24.9 billion annually the rest brings in. I wouldn't fool myself with those numbers.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ludicrous allegation. The very idea that the PGC considers places where people can hunt genetic freaks for their head gear for tens of thousands of dollars inside a couple of hundred fenced acres competition to buying a $20.00, hunting license, about $35.00 more if they get an archery, muzzleloader and doe license. Big healthy deer have nothing to do with it. See how long they would be in business if they were only selling does. As far as pen raised buck being the future of hunting, another steaming crock of male bovine excrement. Keep posting there may still be a few who believe your self serving rhetoric but with each post you will lose more.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't believe the high fenced deals have much to do with it. I DO believe that the "Big buck" industry in general - especially throughout the midwest, has a big role in why CWD is continually in the forefront.

Its just a disease, like many others. It will run its course as nature always does...when, how, and what it does or does not do to the population, well I guess we'll see.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Ludicrous allegation. The very idea that the PGC considers places where people can hunt genetic freaks for their head gear for tens of thousands of dollars inside a couple of hundred fenced acres competition to buying a $20.00, hunting license, about $35.00 more if they get an archery, muzzleloader and doe license. Big healthy deer have nothing to do with it. See how long they would be in business if they were only selling does. As far as pen raised buck being the future of hunting, another steaming crock of male bovine excrement. Keep posting there may still be a few who believe your self serving rhetoric but with each post you will lose more.
The state of Pa is a fine example of what not to do with a deer herd! You also know that except for the state if Texas. Pa has more high fence ranches and more deer farms than any other state? Pa I big on high fence and has been for years. You complained about another guy on here that started a new hunting ranch in Pa? Why do you really think that is! Demand my friend. All these place could not stay in the Bizz without demand and hunters buying their products. I have never seen a state put up wire faster than the state if Pa. That game commish just help deer farmers and ranchers year after year. As is shown by their growth! Keep your eyes open. There may be one coming next door to you soon!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nonsense, now you are an expert on how to manage a state wide deer herd. You see wild deer are a bit different, they aren't in an enclosure, they can go where ever they want to go so you can't manage them like domestic cattle. The people who can afford to or are willing to pay the ridiculous price go to a high fence operation and shop, not hunt for a buck, are far and a way in the minority and they will never compete with public hunting with a hunting license. If they are willing to waste their money and shop for some bone to hang on the wall, more power to them but high fence hunting will never be a serious competitor with actual hunting. The fact of the matter is you are trying way too hard and stretching the truth way to far to the point it is not the truth to protect your own interest. I would rather protect the interest of the average Joe hunter who pays for wildlife conservation in the various states than protect your deer market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.