Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dear Dog Hunters

Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by shooter50
First off about killing homo's, children, etc that is all old testament stuff get your bible out and do some more reading. We do do not live in the times of tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye anymore.

"I believe in GOD and everything in the Bible." Shooter50

Please get your story straight. Do you believe everything in the Bible, or just the various things that are convenient to you?
Old 12-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Charlie P
Not what you said here.

the bible should have nothing to do with game laws it should be a personal choice.

Did you notice all of the "I" and "Me" that I used in that first quote? My beliefs Chuck! Anybody else can do what they want I just know what I will not do.

Now as far as......
"the bible should have nothing to do with game laws it should be a personal choice" if the Bible has nothing to do with your personal choices than you have personal problems.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fishguts
"I believe in GOD and everything in the Bible." Shooter50

Please get your story straight. Do you believe everything in the Bible, or just the various things that are convenient to you?

I do believe in the whole Bible, but was it not Jesus who tried to rid the people of the "old" ways? Like when he stopped the crowd of people from stoning the prositute to death (think that was Mary Mag) and he said he without sin cast the fist stone and everyone walked away. Yes I can read the Bible and it's stories and I know the ways of old (old testament). You say you go to Church is it ok to kill homo's, children who curse their parent's, they eye for and eye tooth for a tooth beliefs? Jesus ended all of that....like I said before....my story is straight.......read your Bible some more cheif.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

the bible should have nothing to do with game laws it should be a personal choice" if the Bible has nothing to do with your personal choices than you have personal problems.
lol, not a bible thumper huh? That's your opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

If you consider hunting work, you have problems.

Last edited by Charlie P; 12-13-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Freedom of religion, what part of that dont you understand Shooter50, like brewman said not everyone is Christian. Not everyones regious day happens to be on sunday. What part of law of religion and state being seperated dont you understand. Where is it right for your state to decide that everyone needs to support your belief that sunday is a day of piece and rest? I am a atheist, it is my right to be one and I dont have a religious day so why should I have to support your religious days?

"The Constitution requires civil liberties for all.

Allowing the church to define the rules based on religion is not upholding the Constitution. This requires our government to keep church and state separate and to recognize the rights of all regardless of race, color, sex and religion."

Last edited by Jim Burns; 12-13-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by brewman555
What do you find funny about that....????
Wasnt meant any offense to you brewman. I liked your comment and thought it was funny because I knew this would get shooter50's panties in a wad. I was right!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jim Burns
Wasnt meant any offense to you brewman. I liked your comment and thought it was funny because I knew this would get shooter50's panties in a wad. I was right!
Jim...I didn't take no offense....now I understand what you meant...good last post too....
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

lol, not a bible thumper huh? That's your opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

No I am not a Bible thumper because I am not telling you all that you are doing wrong. I am telling you that I think it is wrong=why I don't do it.

Yes hunting is work for me and I will RETRACT my statement that hunting is work and if you say it isn't your lying thru your teeth. Now here is how hunting is work for me....work full time usually 50 hours a week.....have to use most of my vacation time to take care of several family members.....for example I am raising a 2.5 year old daughter on my own, my grandfather is dying, my father is dying of cancer......so that is where most of my spare time goes....not all to hunting. So when I get a little free time I am looking at my topo's and various types of maps sometimes into the wee hours of the nights so when I do get to hunt I have to make it count. And I have to keep my reputation. I am the best hunter I know (bash me all ya want don't care) and I want to continue to improve and become a better hunter every year for myself and also to be hated during during hunting season by most family and friends who hunt because once again guess what.....I was successful once again. I love knowing I am better than the average hunter and strive to be better and better every year. I read every book, online article, magazine article I can to try to learn and most of this comes when I am at work like I am now (slow day) or late at night. I shoot my longbow at night when my daughter is sleeping because I hardly ever have time to practice during daylight hours. So to make a long story short I have a lot of things going on that are more important than hunting that I have to take care of but with all the other things I have going on by the time I make it to the woods a lot of the enjoyment I used to feel is not there anymore because my mind is on my daughter, grandfather, and my father and the list of stuff I will have to do when I get home (after I get my kid in bed) late at night so I could just squeeze in a couple hour hunt. So yea hunting is work to me, but my work paid me with 2 nice bucks and a doe this year and I couldn't even really enjoy that because after you pull the trigger or sling the arrow more work begins.

So yea maybe I am a little bitter......but my faith is just about the only thing keeping me going right now and I am going to do what I believe is right, just as I expect you to do. As I said before to each his own.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jim Burns
Freedom of religion, what part of that dont you understand Shooter50, like brewman said not everyone is Christian. Not everyones regious day happens to be on sunday. What part of law of religion and state being seperated dont you understand. Where is it right for your state to decide that everyone needs to support your belief that sunday is a day of piece and rest? I am a atheist, it is my right to be one and I dont have a religious day so why should I have to support your religious days?

"The Constitution requires civil liberties for all.

Allowing the church to define the rules based on religion is not upholding the Constitution. This requires our government to keep church and state separate and to recognize the rights of all regardless of race, color, sex and religion."

I understand the seperation between church and state. Once again I was only stating my opinions. Sunday is the Sabbath in my eyes so I would not hunt on Sunday if it were legal due to my feelings/beliefs.

And as for you being an atheist. You don't have to support our religious days but you are the minority.....I have already said a prayer for you hoping you find your way to Jesus Christ.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs down Charlie

So what, you're different from everyone else in that YOU don't have problems? Did you make yourself feel better now Charlie?

Yeah Right. Go ahead, flame away. Just don't pretend you aren't trying to bully. No one's buying your brand of bullsh!t. At least, I'm not.

If you don't consider hunting work, maybe YOU'RE the one who has problems. Providing for one's family is work. I do that through earning a paycheck and hunting. Tell me the difference in real terms, not aesthetically pleasing terms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.