Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dear Dog Hunters

Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 AM
  #181  
Fork Horn
 
shooter50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 195
Default

Also the Bible says to keep the Sabbath Holy. How is killing an animal on a Sunday keeping the Sabbath Holy?
shooter50 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:30 AM
  #182  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 157
Default

Originally Posted by gjersy
Wrong Jim Burns. In Wisconsin, since 1995, landowners do not have to post land, people need to have written or verbal permission, to enter WI private property. Know where your hunting.
You dont have to post your land in Wis. UNLESS your land is by or borders public lands.
Jim Burns is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:30 AM
  #183  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,662
Default

Originally Posted by shooter50
Also the Bible says to keep the Sabbath Holy. How is killing an animal on a Sunday keeping the Sabbath Holy?
Shooter50.......what if I were Jewish....my Sabbath would be on Saturday......would you or anyone else that's against Sunday Hunting give up hunting on Saturday because it offends me and my faith....??????
It's about your RIGHTS and FREEDOMS....you should have the RIGHT to hunt on Sunday and the CHOICE to either hunt or not....
You say you have to work 2 Sundays a month....do you think GOD's gonna hold that against you......?????....NO....couldn't hunters go to church and then hunt......?????...you say you don't go to church...but your still close to GOD......couldn't I sit in my tree stand on a Sunday and THANK GOD for
the deer I'm hunting and the woods I'm in...???
I do that EVERYTIME I hunt.....as I said it's about CHOICE...and if you or anyone else dosn't want to hunt on SUNDAY then dont hunt....but let me have the RIGHT to make MY OWN CHOICE......

Last edited by brewman555; 12-13-2012 at 05:33 AM.
brewman555 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:31 AM
  #184  
Spike
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by shooter50
Also the Bible says to keep the Sabbath Holy. How is killing an animal on a Sunday keeping the Sabbath Holy?
The Bible also says you should kill homosexuals, non-believers, children who curse their parents and women who aren't virgins on their wedding day.

It also says you should slaughter a ram, sprinkle its blood on the altar and then burn the body parts to please the Lord.

You must be pretty busy following the various commandments of the Bible. Or are you simply not doing your part to be a good Chirstian?

Seriously, you can't address the root issue: What I do on my land--or land I have permission to hunt--on Sunday in no way affects you or anyone else. And game doesn't need a "day of rest."

You can skip the prayer. I'll say my own when I attend church this weekend. However, I'd like the freedom to thank God from my deer stand before I attend church and maybe afterwards. Hunters in 43 other states do that and they aren't being zapped by bolts of lightning thrown from an angry god.

Your hypocrisy and selfishness is mind-boggling.

Last edited by fishguts; 12-13-2012 at 05:34 AM.
fishguts is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:33 AM
  #185  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 157
Default

Originally Posted by brewman555
Shooter50.......what if I were Jewish....my Sabbath would be on Saturday......would you or anyone else that's against Sunday Hunting give up hunting on Saturday because it offends me and my faith....??????
It's about your RIGHTS and FREEDOMS....you should have the RIGHT to hunt on Sunday and the CHOICE to either hunt or not....
You say you have to work 2 Sundays a month....do you think GOD's gonna hold that against you......?????....NO....couldn't hunters go to church and then hunt......?????...you say you don't go to church...but your still close to GOD......couldn't I sit in my tree stand on a Sunday and THANK GOD for the deer I'm hunting and the woods I'm in...???
I do that EVERYTIME I hunt.....as I said it's about CHOICE...and if you or anyone else dosn't want to hunt on SUNDAY then do hunt....but let me have the RIGHT to make MY OWN CHOICE......

Great answer brewman!!!! LMAO!!!!
Jim Burns is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:34 AM
  #186  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,662
Default

Originally Posted by Jim Burns
Great answer brewman!!!! LMAO!!!!
What do you find funny about that....????
brewman555 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:01 AM
  #187  
Fork Horn
 
shooter50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by brewman555
Shooter50.......what if I were Jewish....my Sabbath would be on Saturday......would you or anyone else that's against Sunday Hunting give up hunting on Saturday because it offends me and my faith....??????
It's about your RIGHTS and FREEDOMS....you should have the RIGHT to hunt on Sunday and the CHOICE to either hunt or not....
You say you have to work 2 Sundays a month....do you think GOD's gonna hold that against you......?????....NO....couldn't hunters go to church and then hunt......?????...you say you don't go to church...but your still close to GOD......couldn't I sit in my tree stand on a Sunday and THANK GOD for
the deer I'm hunting and the woods I'm in...???
I do that EVERYTIME I hunt.....as I said it's about CHOICE...and if you or anyone else dosn't want to hunt on SUNDAY then dont hunt....but let me have the RIGHT to make MY OWN CHOICE......

If you read my post again you will that I said that I do not care if the law is passed.....go hunt on a Sunday if you wish. I believe the animals deserve the day and I believe killing an animal on Sunday is appauling. These are my opinions......and no where in my previous post have I tried to push these on anyone....I was just simply stating my opionion on the issue. And I am not the only hunter in the state of VA who feels this way. You do have the CHOICE to hunt on a Sunday which I don't agree with for religious reasons just the same as you probably think I am nuts for thinking it's a bad thing. TO EACH HIS OWN. I have Monday thru Saturday to thank GOD for being in the mountains doing what I love. I don't need Sunday.

And if someone were Jewish and they thought the Sabbath was on Saturday I would have to say that they ARE incorrect because JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS FOR OUR SINS, HE IS THE MESIAH, KEEP WAITING AROUND FOR ONE TO COME BUT GUESS WHAT??? HE DID 2012 YEARS AGO. Now that is what I would tell someone of Jewish belief, also I would tell them to do whatever you want any day of the week because it is your RIGHTS and FREEDOMS. I will never condone someone elses's religious beliefs nor would I keep them from doing what they feel is right with there beliefs no matter their religion.
shooter50 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 AM
  #188  
Fork Horn
 
shooter50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by fishguts
The Bible also says you should kill homosexuals, non-believers, children who curse their parents and women who aren't virgins on their wedding day.

It also says you should slaughter a ram, sprinkle its blood on the altar and then burn the body parts to please the Lord.

You must be pretty busy following the various commandments of the Bible. Or are you simply not doing your part to be a good Chirstian?

Seriously, you can't address the root issue: What I do on my land--or land I have permission to hunt--on Sunday in no way affects you or anyone else. And game doesn't need a "day of rest."

You can skip the prayer. I'll say my own when I attend church this weekend. However, I'd like the freedom to thank God from my deer stand before I attend church and maybe afterwards. Hunters in 43 other states do that and they aren't being zapped by bolts of lightning thrown from an angry god.

Your hypocrisy and selfishness is mind-boggling.

First off about killing homo's, children, etc that is all old testament stuff get your bible out and do some more reading. We do do not live in the times of tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye anymore. If I owned my own property no law would keep me from hunting it on a Sunday if I chose to. If it's my property and I pay my taxes I will if I wish to do so. That is your problem if you are not hunting it on a Sunday. You are short changing yourself.

Your right game dosen't "need" a day of rest they "deserve" it. MY OPINION!

I was not trying to push my opions on anyone I was just commenting on the post about Sunday hunting and my beliefs but I will not allow someone to attack my religious beliefs because they are my right to have.

And no I am not a good Christian, but most aren't. And I don't appreciate you telling me that I am doing my part to be a good Christian because that is where I can tell you that you are incorrect.

Everybody has there own opinions and beliefs and should be allowed to express them how they wish.
shooter50 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 AM
  #189  
Fork Horn
 
shooter50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by Jim Burns
Great answer brewman!!!! LMAO!!!!

I going to leave you alone for now.
shooter50 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 AM
  #190  
Boone & Crockett
 
Charlie P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,137
Default

If you read my post again you will that I said that I do not care if the law is passed.....go hunt on a Sunday if you wish
Not what you said here.
I was hoping the Sunday hunting thing wasn't going to come back up. I am a proud VA hunter which happens to believe Sunday's should remain a day of peace = No Hunting On Sundays. I am no Bible thumper, but I know the bible says Sunday is a day of peace/rest. I believe in GOD and everything in the Bible. Hunting should not be allowed in VA on Sundays because it is work. Anybody that says hunting isn't work is lying thru their teeth. If it's not than your not hunting....your a wanna be......or some spoiled person who has prime property where you do more "killing" than you do "hunting". And personally killing on a Sunday seems appauling to me.
Also the Bible says to keep the Sabbath Holy. How is killing an animal on a Sunday keeping the Sabbath Holy?
the bible should have nothing to do with game laws it should be a personal choice.
Charlie P is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.