HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dear Dog Hunters
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM
shooter50
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Charlie P
lol, not a bible thumper huh? That's your opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

If you consider hunting work, you have problems.

No I am not a Bible thumper because I am not telling you all that you are doing wrong. I am telling you that I think it is wrong=why I don't do it.

Yes hunting is work for me and I will RETRACT my statement that hunting is work and if you say it isn't your lying thru your teeth. Now here is how hunting is work for me....work full time usually 50 hours a week.....have to use most of my vacation time to take care of several family members.....for example I am raising a 2.5 year old daughter on my own, my grandfather is dying, my father is dying of cancer......so that is where most of my spare time goes....not all to hunting. So when I get a little free time I am looking at my topo's and various types of maps sometimes into the wee hours of the nights so when I do get to hunt I have to make it count. And I have to keep my reputation. I am the best hunter I know (bash me all ya want don't care) and I want to continue to improve and become a better hunter every year for myself and also to be hated during during hunting season by most family and friends who hunt because once again guess what.....I was successful once again. I love knowing I am better than the average hunter and strive to be better and better every year. I read every book, online article, magazine article I can to try to learn and most of this comes when I am at work like I am now (slow day) or late at night. I shoot my longbow at night when my daughter is sleeping because I hardly ever have time to practice during daylight hours. So to make a long story short I have a lot of things going on that are more important than hunting that I have to take care of but with all the other things I have going on by the time I make it to the woods a lot of the enjoyment I used to feel is not there anymore because my mind is on my daughter, grandfather, and my father and the list of stuff I will have to do when I get home (after I get my kid in bed) late at night so I could just squeeze in a couple hour hunt. So yea hunting is work to me, but my work paid me with 2 nice bucks and a doe this year and I couldn't even really enjoy that because after you pull the trigger or sling the arrow more work begins.

So yea maybe I am a little bitter......but my faith is just about the only thing keeping me going right now and I am going to do what I believe is right, just as I expect you to do. As I said before to each his own.