Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Run in with a Rancher Today

Old 11-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alex G.
Jeff, Now your the one accusing the rancher of being a liar... perhaps he thought it was another ranchers land? From your post, all you said he said was that you were on private property and you shouldnt be hunting there. I didnt read, trespassing, I didnt read threatening to get you locked up, loosing your vehicle or any of that other stuff you said in a previous post. In my opinion, defend yourself all you want, but do it in a respectful way. Not as a arrogant as$ and totally fouling his taste towards hunters for all time.
He is a liar. I'm not accusing him, Im Actually saying it.
It was confirmed.He lied about telling me I was on Private land and I lost it on him.How many times do I have to explain it.Reread all my posts it's down there somewhere.My brothers Friend who's a Lawyer found it out.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-05-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

WOW really? Actions like this just and admitting to it on a public forum just put a bad taste in my mouth. Threatening gestures by pointing a loaded firearms alittle closer to him? And he was unarmed? I could almost justify what you did if this guy came up ranting and raving... waving around his rifle or handgun, but he didn't. Your really lucky he just didn't retreat to where he came from, retreave his rifle and leave a few well placed bullet holes "alittle closer to you but not at you".
Jeff, you need to read the posts a tad more carefully, because in the post I'm quoting above... I'm talking to ADVWannabee and you respond with:
Quote:
WOW really? Actions like this just and admitting to it on a public forum just put a bad taste in my mouth. Threatening gestures by pointing a loaded firearms alittle closer to him? And he was unarmed? I could almost justify what you did if this guy came up ranting and raving... waving around his rifle or handgun, but he didn't. Your really lucky he just didn't retreat to where he came from, retreave his rifle and leave a few well placed bullet holes "alittle closer to you but not at you".

He's damn lucky? Geezes this Rancher would be in a mental Institution if he did this over his own lie.LOL.
When people lie expect to get called on it. How they react over being called on their own lie is up to the individuals on both sides..But I make them take resposibiltity over lies by making them look stupid. Cause they are trying to make me look stupid by falling for it and believing it.

What the heck did this have to do with my post to ADVWannabee ????

Your da man Jeff... he lied, your right. you didnt over-react. Now please... get some sleep.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly,I wasn't looking or thinking just writing and assuming . Made me look quite stupid didn't it.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

Man. Stuff Like this is great! In opposite situation we have trespassers all the time, they tell us they thought they were in the stottard field(ajacent land.) There are 2 facts about trespssers 1: They All lie 2: They terrible at lying.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by doall hunter
Man. Stuff Like this is great! In opposite situation we have trespassers all the time, they tell us they thought they were in the stottard field(ajacent land.) There are 2 facts about trespssers 1: They All lie 2: They terrible at lying.
Yeah liars are the worst.I should have named this thread Runnin with a Liar. Not Ranchers. I have the upmost respect for these hardworking people.I really do. Hey, I know tresspassers lie. They look really stupid I have no sympathy for what happens to them.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
Yeah liars are the worst.I should have named this thread Runnin with a Liar. Not Ranchers. I have the upmost respect for these hardworking people.I really do. Hey, I know tresspassers lie. They look really stupid I have no sympathy for what happens to them.
Guys Ive known Jeff from here for a number of years and I have read a lot of his post ...he can get a little hot headed at times but from what I know of him he tells it like it is ...

dd
Old 11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

I understand that Jeff tells it how it is. I respet honesty in a man, but there are much better ways to talk about a bad run in you had with a guy. It's kinda like you are trying to brag about proving that Rancher wrong, and your a bad@$$ for doing that. Jeff, I know you wont ever say you handled this wrong because it seems you have a little too much pride, but I think you need to take time and think about your actions before you blow up on someone. I know he is a "liar", but put yourself in his shoes and you would probably "lie" also to protect your cattle and land. Just please take this last part into consideration before your next incident. Become the mans friend by being a nice guy who is mature and understands how to respect another human being as well as thier property. This could make you a life-long friend who will allow you to hunt his ground as long as you help him out some by watching out for his cattle. Now on the other hand you could blow up on them again and try to make them look like an idiot, then you get exactly what you have now, a rancher who owns ground by where you hunt, he doesn't like you, he actually probably despises you, so now you have gained absolutely nothing except a small boost in your ego. Just think about for a bit, might help better you as a person.

P.S. I know you will probably want to come back with a comment about how he was threatening your life and he could have charged you with anything. Don't give me this again, it was not that serious, you just let it get out of hand.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:50 AM
Typical Buck

I am lucky he didn't do that right off. I had now way to know what was under his jacket, he could have a knife or pistol. Anyone stupid enough to approach an armed man and try stuff like this is quite likely stupid enough to do worse. I have no way of knowing so I took steps to be ready to defend myself. I won't apologize for that and would probably take the same steps if I am ever put in a situation like that again.