HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Run in with a Rancher Today
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Waldo Hunter
Fork Horn

I understand that Jeff tells it how it is. I respet honesty in a man, but there are much better ways to talk about a bad run in you had with a guy. It's kinda like you are trying to brag about proving that Rancher wrong, and your a bad@$$ for doing that. Jeff, I know you wont ever say you handled this wrong because it seems you have a little too much pride, but I think you need to take time and think about your actions before you blow up on someone. I know he is a "liar", but put yourself in his shoes and you would probably "lie" also to protect your cattle and land. Just please take this last part into consideration before your next incident. Become the mans friend by being a nice guy who is mature and understands how to respect another human being as well as thier property. This could make you a life-long friend who will allow you to hunt his ground as long as you help him out some by watching out for his cattle. Now on the other hand you could blow up on them again and try to make them look like an idiot, then you get exactly what you have now, a rancher who owns ground by where you hunt, he doesn't like you, he actually probably despises you, so now you have gained absolutely nothing except a small boost in your ego. Just think about for a bit, might help better you as a person.

P.S. I know you will probably want to come back with a comment about how he was threatening your life and he could have charged you with anything. Don't give me this again, it was not that serious, you just let it get out of hand.