Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Run in with a Rancher Today

Old 11-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DoctorDeath
DAYum Jeff I sure wish you would not mix words and just say what you REALLY mean LOL ....

dd
Yeah I know.It just that I have run worst case scenarios through mind
and the best one. So far the best case is the one I said. Got me out of the fix that's for sure. That's what counts. When you deal with liars, you never know how far it will go or just what they will say and do and worst how the it will last .I don't trust liars so I nip it in the bud imediately.Its Protective instinct.I have so many mixed emotions that I feel still and it's been days. Normally I would have gotten over it in a minute. But the consequences could have been huge. I have no idea of his intentions, but he lied so I don't care.Anyways I am inteviewing this really hot gorgeous girl today at work as a fabricacator. She can put her skills to the test on Monday. I Hope she has a great background in everyway.Not just from behind. She is smart and willing so Im feeling better now.I haven't herd from you in a while buddy. How was your trip to Alta.Tell me.Hijack this one if you want or post another one of your Diaries. Still have that pic on my wall of your 2004 buck need another to complement it.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-04-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
Yeah I know.It just that I have run worst case scenarios through mind
and the best one. So far the best case is the one I said.
Got me out of the fix that's for sure. That's what counts. When you deal with liars, you never know how far it will go or just what they will say and do and worst how the it will last .I don't trust liars so I nipit in the bud imediately.Its Protective instinct.I have so many e
mixed emotions that I feel still and it's been days. Normally I would have gotten over it in a minute. But the consequences could have been huge. I have no idea his intentions, but he lied so I don't care.
Anyways I inteviewing this really hot gorgeous girl today at work
as a fabricacator. She can put her skills to the test on Monday. I hope
She has A great background in everyway.LOL Im feeling better now.
I haven't herd from you in a while buddy. How was your trip to Alta.
Tell me.Hijack this one if you want or post another one o'd your Diaries. Still have that pic on my wall of your 2004 buck need another to complement it.
Jeff sounds to me like you have every reason to be pissed ..I just moved up to Maryland and have not gotten a chance to hunt this year but maybe someone will invite the good Doctor soon.

dd
Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DoctorDeath
Jeff sounds to me like you have every reason to be pissed ..I just moved up to Maryland and have not gotten a chance to hunt this year but maybe someone will invite the good Doctor soon.

dd
You havn't gotten out yet?LOL I thought you where going to Alta this year. what happened? It's to late to get you to B.C. This year, but I'll see what I have to do to get some of you guys up here to hunt with me. I have no idea if I have to take a course or pay a fee or what. But I will find out. If it's reasonable for me to get a license to bring non residents and outta country friends up here I will. I've got my regular job, and I have to start taking my 6 weeks off, I get paid for it, it's a Workers Compensation Requirement now.I didn't do it this year, I found some loop holes that got
me outta it,But next year I have to take this some of this time off crap and
wouldn't mind using some of it for hunting.But if I can get some of you guys up here hunting I will.Like to meet people in person my wage is free.
But yeah it eould be nice to meet people in person.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-04-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ADVWannabee
I was hunting on a timber companys land that allowed hunting. A guy walked all the way up the hill to where I was sitting. He started to explain to me that he and his father had the land leased. It was my first time there, but I was pretty sure he was full of it. I didn't know this guy or what he might do but he was unarmed as far as I could tell. I shifte my rifle to where it was pointing a little closer to him but not at him and put my finger near the trigger but not on it. He got nervous and told me I could finish hunting that day.

Turned out he was lying and he and his dad had actually posted the land once to keep people away and the game warden made him take the signs down.

As he walked down the hill away from you, you should have fired a round off in a nearby tree ( Not in His Direction) Just to put fun in his pants.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Waldo Hunter
Jeff, I dont want you to think I am against you in anyway for sticking up for yourself. But there have been a few people on here that have told you that you could have been nicer to the rancher and proved your point without being arrogant. I don't think you have listened to a single thing that the few people not cheering you on have said. They are just saying to show him respect, more respect than you would want in return. I know you had to defend yourself, but put yourself in his shoes. If you had lets say houses getting burnt down that you were building(since you said something about being a carpenter) and you see a person drive by that has gasoline and lighters in their truck. Would you not think that maybe they were lighting your houses on fire. Im guessing you would maybe be a little testy too if what you make your living on was getting destroyed. Also enough of being scared about getting charged or not. No one was charged and if your GPS records where you are at all times it would have never held up in court as long as you where never on his land. It seems like as soon as he accused you of trespassing you wanted to make him look stupid and act like you were a lot cooler than him because he is a stupid rancher that doesnt know his property lines. Again I am not trying to be against you, I just think you could have handled the whole thing in a more mature and respectful manner. You act like "the charges" you could have been charged with, were a matter of life or death. There is no way it would have held up in court as long as you werent on his land.

++1 Waldo.........
Old 11-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ADVWannabee
I was hunting on a timber companys land that allowed hunting. A guy walked all the way up the hill to where I was sitting. He started to explain to me that he and his father had the land leased. It was my first time there, but I was pretty sure he was full of it. I didn't know this guy or what he might do but he was unarmed as far as I could tell. I shifte my rifle to where it was pointing a little closer to him but not at him and put my finger near the trigger but not on it. He got nervous and told me I could finish hunting that day.

Turned out he was lying and he and his dad had actually posted the land once to keep people away and the game warden made him take the signs down.

WOW really? Actions like this just and admitting to it on a public forum just put a bad taste in my mouth. Threatening gestures by pointing a loaded firearms alittle closer to him? And he was unarmed? I could almost justify what you did if this guy came up ranting and raving... waving around his rifle or handgun, but he didn't. Your really lucky he just didn't retreat to where he came from, retreave his rifle and leave a few well placed bullet holes "alittle closer to you but not at you".
Old 11-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your ok with liars fine back off and reward them.Let them do it to someone else and continue you with you. Cause it will happen again and could be much worse.I'm not one of those guys.I can tell you this much, he will never do that to me again, ever, and he will think twice before hes lies to another hunter.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

If your ok with liars fine back off and reward them.Let them do it to someone else and continue you with you. Cause it will happen again and could be much worse.I'm not one of those guys.I can tell you this much, he will never do that to me again, ever, and he will think twice before hes lies to another hunter.
Jeff, Now your the one accusing the rancher of being a liar... perhaps he thought it was another ranchers land? From your post, all you said he said was that you were on private property and you shouldnt be hunting there. I didnt read, trespassing, I didnt read threatening to get you locked up, loosing your vehicle or any of that other stuff you said in a previous post. In my opinion, defend yourself all you want, but do it in a respectful way. Not as a arrogant as$ and totally fouling his taste towards hunters for all time.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alex G.
WOW really? Actions like this just and admitting to it on a public forum just put a bad taste in my mouth. Threatening gestures by pointing a loaded firearms alittle closer to him? And he was unarmed? I could almost justify what you did if this guy came up ranting and raving... waving around his rifle or handgun, but he didn't. Your really lucky he just didn't retreat to where he came from, retreave his rifle and leave a few well placed bullet holes "alittle closer to you but not at you".
He's damn lucky? Geezes this Rancher would be in a mental Institution if he did this over his own lie.LOL.
When people lie expect to get called on it. How they react over being called on their own lie is up to the individuals on both sides..But I make them take resposibiltity over lies by making them look stupid.
Cause they are trying to make me look stupid by falling for it
and believing it.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-05-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

He's damn lucky? Geezes this Rancher would be in a mental Institution if he did this over his own lie.LOL.
When people lie expect to get called on it. How they react over being called on their own lie is up to the individuals on both sides..But I make them take resposibiltity over lies by making them look stupid.
Cause lieing is stupid.
What the hel& are you talking about? What rancher? What lies? Dude... seriously... put the bottle down and get some sleep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.