Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Michigan's Baiting in Lower Peninsula >

Michigan's Baiting in Lower Peninsula

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Michigan's Baiting in Lower Peninsula

Old 11-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Michigan's Baiting in Lower Peninsula

Hey Guys,

Just curious as to how many of you are going to be hunting in the LP for rifle season and are still going to bait? I travel north of the Bridge, so I am safe to bait. Below is a link to an article of how the Conservation Officer's are "cracking down" on illegal baiting....I dont hunt over bait during bow, but always use a few apples or corn during rifle. But I can say for sure I wouldnt want to take the chance if I were hunting in the LP this year.

http://www.michiganoutdoornews.com/articles/2008/11/06/top_news/news01.txt
Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Michigan's Baiting in Lower Peninsula

Absolutely not. Its againt the law here in Michigan to use bait in the LP. Why would you disobery the law? Id like to use some bait, but cant.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Absolutely not. Its againt the law here in Michigan to use bait in the LP. Why would you disobery the law? Id like to use some bait, but cant.
Good for you...I would do the same if I were hunting below the bridge too....just was curious if there were any going to say they were doing it...because I am for sure 1,000's will this year....good luck hunting...
Old 11-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally won't be baiting, but I'm sure some of the neighboring properties will be. The problem is this law will be a double edge sword. If you turn one of your neighbors in then either A. They know you were trespassing on there property or B. You are just trying to get them in trouble. Either way, it is going to be a bad situation. Im a little bit curious to see how the hunting will be this year. With some people baiting and most people not, Id like to see where the deer are going to be hanging out. Are these people breaking the law actually going to benefit from this? Also, I think there is 2 CPO's in the county I hunt and they also cover the neighboring one, are they going to be able to get to all the calls they get? Should be an interesting rifle season! There should be some interesting stories after next weekend!!! I leave Friday AM for camp, can't wait!!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

my property is in the tb zone so I have not been allowed to bait for along time but I have found that doe estrus works very well during pre-rut and rut. scents are still ok to use.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Stoningtonwhitetail

Hey Guys,

Just curious as to how many of you are going to be hunting in the LP for rifle season and are still going to bait? I travel north of the Bridge, so I am safe to bait. Below is a link to an article of how the Conservation Officer's are "cracking down" on illegal baiting....I dont hunt over bait during bow, but always use a few apples or corn during rifle. But I can say for sure I wouldnt want to take the chance if I were hunting in the LP this year.

http://www.michiganoutdoornews.com/articles/2008/11/06/top_news/news01.txt
I hope no one is rifle hunting in South Zone .