Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Michigan's New License Costs >

Michigan's New License Costs

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Michigan's New License Costs

Old 03-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Michigan's New License Costs

So what do u guys think about the DNR raising the price on the license cost? i tried to get my combo yesterday before they go up but i gotta wait till i'm 17 to get em cause they can't sell me one[:'(]...hopefully they won't go up by that much!!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:32 PM

Default RE: Michigan's New License Costs

The first thing I would say is that it isn't the DNR increasing the prices its ol Gov Jenni. I won't worry about it because I will still purchase my license. I don't agree with the increase, but MI DNR is one of the most disorganized systems in the Country. MI is understaffed in the DNR and the state needs to increase its revenue some way, but I don't think having this large of an increase is the way to do it. I would be more than happy to pay a gradual increase over the next few years.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Typical Buck

They know hunters have 2 choices. Buy increased licenses or don't. Much cheaper to buy one than pay the fines for poaching. Got us all over a barrel on this one and they know it.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

I read an article that the DNR was not going to raise the price this year due to the fact they couldn't get it thru the house's.
I do agree it's a pretty cheap shot by our DNR or whom ever it was that thought this increase up.
They want to get more people into hunting this is not the way to go about it.
Yes I could see a modest increase but not what they were(are) proposing.
I garauntee you will see more poaching going on,People use our natural resources for feeding the family and some can't afford that type of increase.
Sorry for rambling on But as you can tell it kinda tick'sme off
Old 03-20-2007, 03:24 AM
Typical Buck

I was just on the DNR website and seen no increase as of yet. Although it is a bummer if they double the price, it is a small price to pay for the service they provide. Costs are going up due to a decline in sales so, IMO if prices are to stay low, get more people involved in hunting and fishing. I have done my part with 3 daughters all buying tags for deer and turkey and am always trying to get more people involved in our states hunting and fishing. I just don't want everyone hunting where I am LOL!!!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Would be a good idea to buy the sportsmans package if you can , you'll save about 12 to 16 dollars if you do.
You can get a discount if you buy more than six license's at ounce and you'll have everything coverd from turkey to deer and anything in between.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Like everything in michigan prices are raiseing and people are leaveing. I would not mind to pay a like bit more but were did they get some of these figures I heard something like 70 dollars a tag. That seems like to much of a jump.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mind the price increase but I think they should leave the seniors along!! Walt