Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

upper peninsula

Old 08-21-2004, 10:14 PM

Default upper peninsula

I have a trip to hunt ducks planned for october in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Has anyone here hunted this area and, if so, how is it different from Arkansas hunting? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: upper peninsula

I would say it will be a lot different but it will depend heavily on what and where in the up you are hunting. You could sit along a river for woodies, mallards and blacks, or hunt the big water for divers, or smaller water and bays for flight of puddle ducks, it could be any of those or then some.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:42 PM

Thanks carp, are you familiar with pickford? A friend of mine from AR moved up there and lives near a slough that runs into one of the big lakes. We'll have access to pretty much everything from what I understand. He has a boat so that's no problem. Based on this info, would you have any suggestions?
Old 08-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have fished all over the UP but have not been hunting up there but have friends who have?do, from what ive seen of arkansas, it would be a lot different as far as the hunting. If i was gonna hunt up there i would really want to hit the big water such as munuskong bay for bluebills and other divers, and then do some hunting for puddlers. I wish you luck on your hunt and let us know how you did! I would say just spend a day scouting and find out whatducks are around and where the ducks are working. The hunting should be good.