Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ground blinds

Old 04-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Spike

Default ground blinds

I would like to know if ground blinds work will in ontario or any other part of canada? I an thinking of buying one of deering with a bow and rifle. what are they like to setup? are they quit to setup? do they work without using bush without covering it?
Old 04-11-2008, 07:53 PM
JT
Spike

Default RE: ground blinds

I've used them in alot of different situations. I think they would work good for you in Ontario because I'm guessing you have alot of coniferous trees. Find a good clump of evergreens 25 yards off of a heavy runway and set it up to watch that one spot all day. I haven't had good success with them in hardwoods. Not enough cover for me. We do have alot of long marsh grass where I've been able to set up in looking over a more open area. As far as ease of use. I'll put it up for a week at a time and leave it there, not taking it in and out everyday. It's not that they are loud or hard to set up. I just never feel like I can keep quiet enough on the way in or out, so I would just assume leave it in a good spot if you will be hunting it a few different times in a short period. If you are going to bow hunt, TRY IT OUT IN THE STORE WITH A BOW. You can shoot a rifle out of everything but not all of them are bow friendly. I hope this helps. As long as you find a good spot down-windto tuck it in, you'll be alright. I don't know how the guys on the T.V. shows set them up in the middle of an opening and have deer walking all around them. LOL. Good luck!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Spike

Default RE: ground blinds

I agree about testing it out. Make sure you pratice shooting out of it. Its nothing like shooting out of a tree. Last weekend I missed a nice turkey cause i had never practiced shooting thru a blind before.