Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

GROUND BLINDS?

Old 12-24-2002, 01:05 PM

Default GROUND BLINDS?

I'm looking for opinions on a good ground blind. It has to be big enough for 2 adults bowhunting. My wife is going to start bowhunting this next year with a croosbow. And I with my compound. But there's no way I'll ever get her in a tree. I would like to find a blind that has a black lining in it so we're not siloetted so bad. What do you guys think? Double Bull maybe?

KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT SAFE. OR WE MAY NOT GET TO KEEP IT AT ALL.
Old 12-24-2002, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GROUND BLINDS?

You might look at Ameristep thier products
are hard to beat black liner scent lok
decent price check them out!
Old 12-29-2002, 04:27 AM

Bud-I'm getting the Double Bull. A freind has one and I like the way it sets up fast and tight. Another freind bought the carbon cabin no scent one thatfold into a hoop but I can't figure out how to put it away and it is floppy in the wind. I know that both blinds work and animals will come right up to them. The DB took a big archery antelope this year at 18 yards. Good hunting.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:37 PM

Thanks Gleninaz. I'm getting the same feedback from another forum I visit. They're a little more expensive but if they work then they're worth it.

KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT SAFE. OR WE MAY NOT GET TO KEEP IT AT ALL.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:34 PM

When considering a ground blind look into the newest model from Double Bull, the Import 5. We just got some in and I was very impressed. They have all the features of the T5 ProStaff including full size viewing window, black backed Predator camo and a roof zipper and at $349 they're about $100 cheaper than the ProStaff. They even have a couple new features like brush ties for adding brush or branches to break up the outline and an inside pocket for storing calls or other small gear. In the case of a ground blind quality beats low prices when you want a blind that will stand up to strong winds and inclimate weather and last for many hunting seasons.

Jon
=========================
www.HuntingBlind.com
Your source for Double Bull blinds.
Customer satisfaction is our #1 priortity!
=========================
Old 01-16-2003, 10:16 AM

I'm also looking for the same type you are BBH and was wondering if anyone has any input on the Underbrush models, specifically the Bowhunter magnum. I only have 300$ to spend and that is my max so I'm trying to find other alternatives. I spend most of my time in the trees or still hunting, so I don't think I need to pony up for the top of the line just something that is serviceable. I didn't like the Ameristeps because they seem to me to be to flimsy and would move too much in the wind.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:06 PM

I would definitely opt for the Double Bull blind. I have one and I love it. I use it all the time for turkey hunting. They set up quickly and they don't flap in the wind. You can also get the black-backed model. They are definitely worth the money.

Old 01-16-2003, 05:56 PM
CWB

I bought a Underbrush Bowhunters blind a couple of years ago when I first decided to buy a blind. It said 2 minutes setup, after about 1 hour, I still could not figure how to put it up...all I had was a pile of poles and material! I sent it back to Cabelas. I talked to a friend who had some experience with ground blinds and he told me to get a Double Bull. I balked at the high prices($400)! Then I decided to spend the money and got the Double Bull T-5 pro model. I love it, it takes me about 30 seconds to put up!And the same amount of time to take it down. It actually takes me longer to get it out of the bag than it does it set up! I have used my T-5 for 2 and 1/2 seasons and taken both deer and turkeys out of it. Deer are a little tougher because they see the blind and get real cautious. I found out if I cut small tree limbs with leaves and put them on the top and the sides it takes away the deers' fear factor. The first afternoon I put the blind up and did this I had a buck walk by at 15 yards and he did not even pay any attention to the blind! The next morning, I had another buck walk up to the blind, I thought he was going to eat the leaves off the blind! He was that close! and he didn't have a clue I was there! I do put camo netting over all my windows. You simply shoot your arrows right through the netting. I have had alot of enjoyment and unique experiences out of it the last couples of years it feel it is worth twice the cost! It will easy hold two adults and it easy to shoot your bow out of. Sorry so windy! Hope this Helps!
Old 01-17-2003, 06:41 AM

I have a DOUBLE BULL T2, and love it. For 2 people you should check out the T5. It is bigger. You can't buy a better made groundblind IMHO. They are simply the best.

SHOOT STRAIGHT,SHOOT OFTEN&SHOOT A MATHEWS
Old 01-17-2003, 08:58 AM

Treestand,

Is it possible to get 2 people in the T2 for filming? It sounds like it would be too cramped for hunting, but I wonder if one guy is just filming with a camcorder if it could be pulled off. I just think that the T2 is 1)in my price range, and 2)might be better for set ups on whitetail as it is lower profile. Am I right in these assumptions?

Thanks, Jolly

Quick Reply: GROUND BLINDS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.