Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ground blinds

Old 06-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Spike

Default ground blinds

was looking over the ground blind selections,was wondering if the double bull T2 blind was water proof?? also when shooting mechcanical broadheads does the shoot thru window open the blades?? thank you for your time.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:10 PM

Default RE: ground blinds

Water proof for the most part, but if it is raining that much you may want to leave anyway. The water runs off verses setting and soaking in. Yes the mechanical will open up on the shot through mesh. If it is a close shot within 5 yards the opening up may not effect the outcome anyway. Good luck. I' m sponsored by Double Bull. Awsome blinds and worth the investment. Every hunter should have at least one in their arsenal.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ground blinds

From my experiences, the straight ended (not the L-tipped blades) on Rocket MiniBlasters and Steelheads WON' T open on the netting and will fly extremely well out to any hunting distances. We also added an extra rubber band to secure the blades. To test our theory we shot thru netting hung on our paper tunning frame and then examined the hole and the shot placement on the McKenzie buck. I' ve personally witnessed some awesome shots on Gobblers thru the shoot-thru mesh to doubt shot placement. he netting can be purchased straight from DB so test some for yourself and you' ll be surprised, I know I was.[8D]