Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ground blinds

Old 10-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Spike

Default ground blinds

Would like to know more about ground blinds.Have a knew peice of ground to hunt but not tomany trees to put a climbing tree stand into.I know that the doublebull sounds like the best but pretty pricey.But does many people use them for bow hunting.thank you for your time and what kind do/would you recommend
Old 10-16-2003, 07:15 PM

Default RE: ground blinds

I can' t help ya, never used one.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I reaserched them this summer, I set up variuos models, checked prices and talked to as many people as I could who use ground blinds alot. I ended up purchasing a Double Bull BS-5. They are pricey but built to last and with features and designed by guys who hunt the ground all the time.(hardcore) So far my son and I have had a great time hunting in it! And yes, you can shoot deer out of it. Our average shot opp so far this year is about 18 yards.

Good Luck!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:23 PM

I have a DB blind and it works great I use it because my kids like to go with me . I will usaully brush it up a little and put it out about a week before using it so they can get use to it.My daughter and I went out and we seen a doe and her three fawn does. it was exciting. you get a diffrent perspective on them when on the ground compared to a tree stand. but IMO the DB are the best you get what you pay for and their is no wind flap at all with these blinds. good luck this season.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)[8D]