Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PA 9 point stolen

Old 12-01-2007, 03:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA 9 point stolen

No offense to you Pennsy guys, but railing someone because they used a handheld radio to inform each other of deer movement in the woods? Now, I know the law apparently says "no electronic.....", so I'd like to invite a few of you to hunt in the south once or twice. Those radio collarson dogs AREN'T to track the dogs for easy retrievel....they are to track the dogs and see where they are chasing the deer out so they can cut them off. Those CB radio's they use aren't to let each other know so they can come help retrieve the dogs....they are to inform those who don't have the collar receiver where the dogs are chasing deer out so they can cut them off.

I think sometimes the word of the law is taken a little literally. How many hunting today can tell you exactly what time he/she is allowed to pick up and be holding a weapon by state legal hunting times? Ours is 30 minutes before official sunrise and after official sunset....there isn't a hunter in my state that could tell you an EXACT time. No one is 100% according to the word of the law, it doesn't matter who you are. I'm leaving my glass house now and going across the street into my blind....Official sunrise is 7:04 AM, that means I'm not supposed to step into the woods for another hour with a weapon. But, we all know that if I wait until then I'll be all but yelling to the deer that I'm going into my blind.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Host of Hosts

[align=left]PA BUCK get off your high horse.. this is not what the topic was about so you can just drop the "helpful hunter i do everything by the book" crap and keep within the posts topic at hand..[/align]

I see if someone doesn't agree with you... you tell them to go away. I do happen to think it was crap what HE did, but life goes on. I'm sure along the way I've broken a few Game laws without realizing it, but not on purpose just because I thought they were dumb laws. There's a big difference in knowingly doing it then bragging about it on a public forum. Then acting like a tough guy saying"let them come get me".

Ok I've said my peace.. you can play with your ball all by yourself.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

IDK about the shot placement, but I have hunted public land long enough to know that as long as the deer is moving you better be shooting....I still cant figure out why you didnt shoot him again...
Old 12-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Spike

I've never unterstood why people who aren't starving will take a deer they didn't shoot out from under the nose of the person who did. I hear at least a couple of these stories every year. What kind of satisfaction could a person possibly get from doing that? I had a friend that had the same thing happen to him in Michigan. It just stinks. [:'(]