Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PA 9 point stolen

Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA 9 point stolen

Just a few comments

Make a better shot next time, bust that shoulder.

Don't cheat and use radios. Boy it must have been nice to know when a deer was coming since you couldn't hear at all in that rain. Kind of fitting that you had it "stolen" since techincally it was an illegally harvest deer anyways.

But oh yes I forget, its that darn blasted PGC's fault for making rules in the first place.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey rybo if you dont like the post dont read it.. I didnt need to be alerted that a deer was on its way i'm always at full alert and I saw the thing as soon as it popped into sight.. just so happened my dad felt like being a nice guy and tellin me one was coming, but I did not need him to do so.. As I said before, dont like it, dont read it..
Old 11-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

So I am supposed to be psychic and know what the thread says BEFORE I read it?

So breaking the law is being a nice guy?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

If saying over the radio that a deer ran past my dad and went uphill is illegal then oh well. If thats the type of laws the game commission feels they need to make, they need to rethink their jobs. why not pay attention to the poaching fools and the other losers in the woods, rather than wasting time over some talk on radios.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rybo, so you don't load your weapon until exactly the minute the game department considers it legal shooting time? You unload exactly at the moment they want you to quit hunting? You wouldn't take a shot a few minutes before or after if that huge buck came by? If you tell me that you wouldn't I will not believe you for a minute. I have hunted long enough to know better here. I knew a guy once who bragged about doing everything by the book. Everyone was a poacher in his mind except himself. I saw him walking out of the woods one day a good 15 minutes to a half hour after legal shooting hours. A deer popped out of the woods and the guy practically pee'd on himself trying to get the gun up and began blasting away like there was no tomorrow!!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve863

Rybo, so you don't load your weapon until exactly the minute the game department considers it legal shooting time? You unload exactly at the moment they want you to quit hunting? You wouldn't take a shot a few minutes before or after if that huge buck came by? If you tell me that you wouldn't I will not believe you for a minute. I have hunted long enough to know better here. I knew a guy once who bragged about doing everything by the book. Everyone was a poacher in his mind except himself. I saw him walking out of the woods one day a good 15 minutes to a half hour after legal shooting hours. A deer popped out of the woods and the guy practically pee'd on himself trying to get the gun up and began blasting away like there was no tomorrow!!
amen to that no one's perfect except me lol j/k
Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 PM

High in the front shoulder will usually drop them quick IME.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:36 PM

i go for the heart but i hit the spine usealy but on accident.they drop and i finish em off real quick.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Host of Hosts

As much as I'm an ethical sportsmen I think laws like this are ridiculous and just another stupid decision from the PA. Game commission, so if they feel like tracking me down, then come get me, afterall I know how hungry pa game commission is with tickets sales decreasing year after year...
If saying over the radio that a deer ran past my dad and went uphill is illegal then oh well. If thats the type of laws the game commission feels they need to make, they need to rethink their jobs. why not pay attention to the poaching fools and the other losers in the woods, rather than wasting time over some talk on radios

[quote][and if it werent for him already having the deer packedinto the bed of his truck I'd have taken that deerr away from him in a heartbeat/quote]

Then you would have been the one with the stolen 9 point.

Why is everything always the Game Commissions fault? Ethical was maybe not a good choice of words. Ethics is having 'principals of conduct'. Meaning breaking game laws or any laws because you think they are stupid throws out the ethical statement.

And some here on this board would consider people who use radios to help in harvesting game losers so now who is the Game Commission to go after?

Sorry you lost the deer, but try to realize your looking and acting just like some of the stereotypes we're labled with.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

PA BUCK get off your high horse.. this is not what the topic was about so you can just drop the "helpful hunter i do everything by the book" crap and keep within the posts topic at hand..
I am in no way acting like the "Stereotypes" we are labelled with.. If i would have taken the deer back then I would have stolen back the deer that was stolen from me in the first place.. Its a different story when it happens to you.. apparently you havent been there or you would know what i went through.. You know as well as I do that what they did was straight up horsecrap..

Quick Reply: PA 9 point stolen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.