Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ezee Wheeze

Old 11-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Spike

Default Ezee Wheeze

Has anyone use the Ezee Wheeze call?....i just bought one and wanted to know if anyone has tried it before.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:40 AM

Default RE: Ezee Wheeze

Last year I used it to turn around a big fat doe that I had spooked. stopped her dead in her tracks, then I verified the dead part wit my .270.

mmmmm she was goood too.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

i used it once this year on a 135" buck he just stopped and looked in my direction looking for the buck that snort-wheezed at him. If i would have had a decoy he probably would have come in. It did not spook him at all so that was a plus.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Spike

just go back from my hunt...i used it!!! not impressed. i had a small buck turn around but did not get around some brush so i could get another shot after missing the first time at 35 yards....used it again on a 10 pointer that was coming in fast as it passed me at about 35 yards i used and it he did stop but did not get closer....the i used it twice on a buck and a doe and they spooked....seems like the does spook with that sound.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: seller

just go back from my hunt...i used it!!! not impressed. i had a small buck turn around but did not get around some brush so i could get another shot after missing the first time at 35 yards
Hmmm... not impressed, lemme get this straight, you missed, used the call, the deer stopped... you couldnt get off another shot so the call is no good?

....used it again on a 10 pointer that was coming in fast as it passed me at about 35 yards i used and it he did stop but did not get closer
hmmm... not impressed, lemme get this straight, 10 Pt buck comes in fast, as it passes you you used the call, deer stops but you dont get a shot so the call is no good

....the i used it twice on a buck and a doe and they spooked....seems like the does spook with that sound.
hmmm... well lets see, seems to me the call was 2 for 2. Calls are not the insurance you buy to garantee(sp) you kill your deer. calls are tools we use, sometimes they work, some times they dont.

I wouldnt give up yet, one of these times that buck will stop and a good shot will present itself. I only use that call to stop moving/spooked deer. it is not a call to bring deer in, use a grunt or bleat for that.

just my 2 cents

Old 11-09-2007, 03:22 AM
Spike

deerdad.....i wanted a call that would bring them in. and the response a got for the bucks is that they do stop but do not come in. The does spook i think. But when i want the deer to stop i just gurnt with my mouth and they stop i dont need a call for that.