Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snort Wheeze?

Old 11-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Snort Wheeze?

Is this a must have call in your guys opinoins? I have never really heard much being said about it until this year it seems like.

How do you use it...I mean, is it a "blind" calling device, or do you just use to pull deer in closer upon seeing them out of range?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Snort Wheeze?

I dunno.. Its new isn't it?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Spike

go out and buy the primos "roar". it has a snort/wheeze built into the grunt call.

is it a must call to have. not really sure. here in Pa i only ever heard it once.

the way i understand it, the snort/wheeze is an aggressive challenge call.

does it work all the time, no. 50% of the time. im guessing here in Pa it might work 5% of the time. so it working 1 time out of 20 is worth it? its a personal choice.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

the snort wheeze is not a blind call. It will most likely only work on a mature buck. It is used to challenge a mature buck. It says come and get some. so you have to be careful cause it can scare bucks off if they are not aggressive. its been around for a couple of years at least 2 to 3 but just lately been getting talked about. only to be used when you see a buck though.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: redrockgrizzly

go out and buy the primos "roar". it has a snort/wheeze built into the grunt call.

is it a must call to have. not really sure. here in Pa i only ever heard it once.

the way i understand it, the snort/wheeze is an aggressive challenge call.

does it work all the time, no. 50% of the time. im guessing here in Pa it might work 5% of the time. so it working 1 time out of 20 is worth it? its a personal choice.
Ok, but when do you use it? Just random? Oronly when you see a deer out of range walking away from you?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

To me I like to have it with me as an option. First time I used it, 130 inch 9 came in. Next morning, he came into it againg. The next 2 bucks turned there backs and ran away.

Last year I could see tines and legs moving through some brush, and let some wheezes and few grunts, some light rattling and 2 more wheezes and 10 minutes later those tines turned out to be the 9 pointer that is on my wall.

This year only had 1 respond and 1 run away. Just like all calls, it works on some and not on others. BTW I use the MAD grunt/wheeze combo if that is any help, however I don't think it really matters. It just just plastic that you are blowing into afterall.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

the snort wheeze is not a blind call. It will most likely only work on a mature buck. It is used to challenge a mature buck. It says come and get some. so you have to be careful cause it can scare bucks off if they are not aggressive. its been around for a couple of years at least 2 to 3 but just lately been getting talked about. only to be used when you see a buck though.
OK, you answered my question,during my last post....Thanks.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

no problem. you dont even really need to buy one if you dont want. i learned to do it with just my lips. siply by watching and listening to audio of it.
but you definitely only want to use it on a mature dominant buck.
Very simple to use if you do want to buy one.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

I love my primos buck roar (it has a snort/wheeze obviously) I've used it on smaller bucks in early season and they get curious (sometimes) and come in. but I would call it a must have if you are in the Rut and see a monster headed past you with his ears back and head low cause he might not give you even a flinch with an aggresive grunt. its really up to you watching that deers body language when he's comin in, if his ears are up and if he squats and looks like he's gonna spook with every snapped twig then he's wayyyyy too timid to use that on
Old 11-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just the answer's I was looking for guy's .

Thank's

nubo