Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Snort Wheeze

Old 08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Snort Wheeze

Any body have any feedback on it?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:58 PM

Default RE: Snort Wheeze

I watched a show the other day and they used the snort weeze sound but the buck kept walking. When they started grunting normally he turned and came right to the stand for a shot. Of course this doesn't say it won't work but I am not sold just yet. I wouldn't spend my money just yet to have one. Let the pros use it another season and if it is still around, then we will all go get one. I like the Primos can and the True Talker myself.
Listen to the real Sounds of the Whitetail and use them.
Eric Stacy
Old 08-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The snort wheeze will work but you need to hit the right time in the rut and also have an agressive / dominant buck who will respond to it. If you have a buck who's had his kiester kicked by a bigger buck already the snort wheeze will make him tuck his tail and run.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Haven't had any luck with mine.
Had a warden friend tell me it's because the buck to doe ratio in this area is high,so the bucks are not as aggressive.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Typical Buck

I think Warny hit it on the head. It all has to do with the condition of the herd in your area. I can tell you for a fact that there's not one deer call that works with anything approaching 100% effectiveness. The snort wheeze is like all the rest. It might be handy in the right time and place, but it hardly works as well as the company lets on.

GH
Old 08-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Fork Horn

havent tried it but i would like to this year
Old 08-28-2007, 11:18 AM

A few years back i called in a buck using a snort weeze. He was walking down a field edge when i saw him. I snort weezed, and he turned and came right in.

If you use it at the right time of the year it can work.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like any calling, works sometimes with certain deer. Other times, will blow them out of the country! Nothing works all the time. I have personally snort-wheezed at a 180+ giant, he ran away. My buddy Tyler had the same experience with a 190 class buck last year - just the way it is sometimes. Next monster we see may come running straight at us - you just never know - but if it's the difference between trying and not, I'll try!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:02 PM

In all my years of hunting South Texas I have heard a snort-wheeze ONCE.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Marko B

In all my years of hunting South Texas I have heard a snort-wheeze ONCE.

Well you just haven't hunted around enough other hunters. In the right place you can hear a couple hundred snort wheeze's per day floating from tree stands.

Quick Reply: Snort Wheeze

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.