Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 scouting for deer and found POT!! i think >

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Old 09-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Default RE: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

wouldnt they be more incline to beat you if you reported it? i mean if they see you wandering around there patch, get your tag or whatever, and the next day the police bust their operation, wouldnt that make them madder than if you just left it alone? it seems to me it would be worse to report it in terms of retailiation. of course their are all sorts of specific situations, and im sure bigtim is right about his, but in general i would see it as exacerbating the situation, making it worse then just minding you own business. if they were going to beat you or whatever for finding it, they would have done it already right? so they could prevent you from reporting it or scare you out of it. i mean either way, at this moment they know who you are, what you drive and all and maybe even the tags, now your next move, IMO, would be the one that determines if they cause harm to you or not. im sure you arent the first person to find it. thats just my opinion
Old 09-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with Geterdun and to Shatodavis who put the definition of honor up,I think you need to look up the definition ofstupidity. I am not so much worried about my hunting spot. That is a concern but my wifes well being is most important to me by far. Hey Shatodavis Lets say someone does something to her and then i have to go an end there life. i spend the rest of my life in jail for murder.That would be real honorable but real stupid wouldn't you agree. God gave us a brain so that we would use it.

If I call the cops trust me they are not going to set up some huge covert sting operation. The first thing they will do is remove the stuff. Then lets say a few days later these guys find it missing and think i took it. It is just not worth it. Feel how you want to feel but if you were in my shoes and you thought ratting on a few weed plants could endanger your family, what would you do? If I witnessed a murder it would be different then i would have no choice as my heart would not let me walk away and I would have to deal with the consequences. Here I do have a choice and i am making the smart one. I am with you Geterdun.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:58 PM

yea i think you made right decision. i think some people claim things and until they are in that situation, dont really know what they would do. its not worth it. i mean maybe nothing would happen, maybe they would go to jail, or maybe not, maybe cops would just take it, but to me its not worth the effot to snitch on something like that. like you said, murder is something else, rape, all that. but i wouldnt put my life in danger over some weed, which isnt that serious IMO. i dont know why people see weed as terrible and liqour as alright, alcohol kills many more people than weed ever has. if it was a murder, then you know 100% that the person is a bad guy, but growing and smoking some weed, in my book, doesnt make them completely bad people. bill clinton smoked weed lol, the president of our nation. i think weed should be legal, but thats a different story for a different day. in your situation, i would mind my business, let the people harvest their bud, smoke it , sell it or whatever, and life will go on with no problems. i didnt even think of what you said, if its gone when they come back, they will be 90% sure you had something to do with it. they might drive by every morning and look for your vehilcle in the lot during hunting season, and do god knows what. especially b/c they know what you drive, you would be a sitting duck. like i said, if it was serious (murder, rape, heroin, cocaine operation, dead body, lol anything other than weed) then i might have to go the other way, but for a little weed, just not worth it. and honestly, i dont think someone growing weed should go to jail with harden criminals anyway, in there with rapest, murderers and all, i think its bull crap. im glad you made right decision and atleast now you can sleep well at night knowing somebody isnt waiting for you in the dark when you come back from your stand alone at night. im sure you will be looked favorable by these people because you didntrat and they will leave you alone.also, now your spot wont get stunk up by police going in to pull the crop. good choice
Old 09-06-2007, 05:01 PM

shotdavis- forgot to mention, you posting that DEF was kind of childish. im sure he knows what honor is, that wasnt his question. his question is what to do in this situation and, like he said, being honorable isnt the best choice in all situations, especially when the threat of violence is present. just my opinion
Old 09-06-2007, 05:09 PM

long island - out of curiosity, how many plants was it? not that it matters, but im just bored and it could give a clue as to whose they are. i mean if its 500 9 footers, then i doubt its some kids. ya know? not that it would change my choice of what to do, just curious
Old 09-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Geterdun forgot to mention. Beside the whole weed thing i came out of this grassy patch with my wife and we were covered in these little ticks. Thousands and thousands.I thought of you and your post.I took my pants off there and left them in the woods. through all my wifes stuff in the back bed of teh pickup. She wore her uderwear home. Sprayed the whole car with permanone and have not seen any yet but seriously there were thousands of those things.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:59 PM

I'm with getrdon,It will be gone in a couple weeks and forgotten if you mind your own business. It could be the land owners or relatives ,then what? I would stay clear of there for a little while and not mention it .That is what I have done .Self presevation is top priortyin my book.

[/align]
Old 09-06-2007, 06:08 PM

lol, longisland, man your not kidding. i mean when you and i say thousands, if you havent encountered them, someone might think "this guy is over exagerating, he wants me to believe he had over a 1000 bugs on him" , but lol it isnt a tail. i mean THOUSANDSS lol its unbelievable. i wonder when they die? do we have to wait for a frost? or do they leave when it starts getting cold. lol frost here isnt til like late-oct, i'd hate to think they stay there til then, but i dont remember seeing them last year while hunting in early ocotber? lol either way, i hope they all goo away soon.

dayna - yea it seems he made the right choice. people cant say what they would do until they must do it. can you imagine how nervus he might be if he reported them, got them ripped by the cops, and know that the growers know what he drives. i would be so nervous while hunting and walking out the woods by myself at night time, or with my wife. to me its a no brainer. and yea maybe they are the land owners. contrary to what most people think, even tho its a drug and illegal, people who smoke marijuana tend to be the nicest, most mellow people around. but thats doesnt mean someone wont get mad at you and harm you after a night hunt. mind ur business is a good rule of thumb. i wouldnt rat on them even if i saw them on the side of the highway, they could be good people just smoke a lil pot. well longisland im glad we could help ya bud. like dayna said they will be gone pretty soon
Old 09-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

In our area the cops don't usually spend much time trying to catch the growers of a pot patch. They might not come to it but once every two or more weeks. They usually just cut and remove it, and even if they accidently catch someone with a few plants they aren't going to spend much, if any, time in jail. I havn't seen a good patch in a few years, too much work for them.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys have made it pretty obvious that my opinion is not you opinion in this instance, so I doubt this next statement will make a difference either, but I feel obligated to say it whether or not you read it.

In my opinion...you guys are no better than the ones who planted, grew, sold, smoked, or did anything else with that pot. To put it simple..pot is illegal. Thats all there is to it. Illegal things are illegal. There are no degrees of illegal. Yes some things are worse than others...but illegal is illegal. The only mature and responsible thing to do is the legal thing. One which you have just decided not to do. I'm not knocking the concern for your wife because that is a valid concern, but just like you are concerned for your wife, there are others who are concerned for their spouces and children as well. The ones who will be effected by you not turning this in.

I'm a freshman in college, so I see a lot more 'potheads' and 'drug dealers' and the havoc they cause on young adults than any other population in the country. Thats just a fact of life. I've seen 'good kids' turn into 'bad kids' many times over. Kids who've had everything and gave it all away for drugs. Every drugee' starts with a single smoke/huff/snort/or needle. You guys are right, I can't predict what will come about from leaving the pot in the woods, no one can. I just know that the probability of someone having their life ruined is a lot greater with it on the street.

Maybe its just a group of people messing around with the stuff for the summer and that will be it. But it might be the start of a huge operation...all large operations have to start small at sometime.

Maybe I'm in the minority, having never smoked or drank before....but thats my opinion. Illegal things need to be corrected, not forgotten. I hope everything works out for you....and I hope no one is damaged by these drugs. Thats not a guilt I would want to live with.

I'm done with this....do what you want...its your neighborhood, not mine.

Quick Reply: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.