HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - scouting for deer and found POT!! i think
Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 PM
PA Bow/Flinter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

You guys have made it pretty obvious that my opinion is not you opinion in this instance, so I doubt this next statement will make a difference either, but I feel obligated to say it whether or not you read it.

In my opinion...you guys are no better than the ones who planted, grew, sold, smoked, or did anything else with that pot. To put it simple..pot is illegal. Thats all there is to it. Illegal things are illegal. There are no degrees of illegal. Yes some things are worse than others...but illegal is illegal. The only mature and responsible thing to do is the legal thing. One which you have just decided not to do. I'm not knocking the concern for your wife because that is a valid concern, but just like you are concerned for your wife, there are others who are concerned for their spouces and children as well. The ones who will be effected by you not turning this in.

I'm a freshman in college, so I see a lot more 'potheads' and 'drug dealers' and the havoc they cause on young adults than any other population in the country. Thats just a fact of life. I've seen 'good kids' turn into 'bad kids' many times over. Kids who've had everything and gave it all away for drugs. Every drugee' starts with a single smoke/huff/snort/or needle. You guys are right, I can't predict what will come about from leaving the pot in the woods, no one can. I just know that the probability of someone having their life ruined is a lot greater with it on the street.

Maybe its just a group of people messing around with the stuff for the summer and that will be it. But it might be the start of a huge operation...all large operations have to start small at sometime.

Maybe I'm in the minority, having never smoked or drank before....but thats my opinion. Illegal things need to be corrected, not forgotten. I hope everything works out for you....and I hope no one is damaged by these drugs. Thats not a guilt I would want to live with.

I'm done with this....do what you want...its your neighborhood, not mine.