Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 scouting for deer and found POT!! i think >

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Old 09-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

My wife, brotherinlaw and I went scouting a new areawhere I huntlast night abouttwo hours before sunset. AnywayI am following this trail that I thought was a well used deer trail.I came into a little opening deep into the woods and there in frontof usare a bunch of those big rubber storgae containers surrounded by chicken wire fence.I am noyexpert but it looked like tons of huge marijuanna plants growing in these bins.We turned around and high tailed it out of there. I can't be positive of what it was and do not want to ruin my hunting ares nor do i want any trouble. Not sure if I should notify the authorities. I am not a rat but i feel like these poeple are ruining one of th eonly good hunting areas near me. What would you guys do?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 AM

Default RE: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

call the local law enforcement.

or sell it as a cash crop lol jk
Old 09-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

I would say report it to the authorities because chances are you don't want to accidentaly run into these "farmers" in the middle of harvesting their crop. I don't think that is a situation any hunter would want to find themself in.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

call the authorities and let them handle it. Who knows, they might give you some kind of reward or something for turning them in..
Old 09-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Spray apple cider all over them and let the deer have them.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would call the authorities right away.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would have already called the police...
Old 09-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

The legal and ethical thing to do is to report it. As stated above...you don't want to run into those characters in the woods.

My opinion...
Reid
Old 09-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

I do not know what to do here.I realize thatthe ethical thing to do is to call the authorities but i saw an old beat upcar pass by about five times last night and my truck was parked on the side of the road. They even stopped about a half mile away and just parked there facing my way for about 5 minutes and then when they drove by they went so fast I could not see a plate and it was getting dark. I fear that these people will now who turned them in and then I will have to worry about my and my wifessafety as well as my vehicle all season. I hunt with my wife and that is what scares me. if it were just myself i would be ok but i do not want to jeopardize my wife. This is a tough decision.I am thinking about lettinga few days go by and then calling the authorities.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have found dozens of pot patches throughout the years, but have never turned in but one patch. That one the idiot had nails on the road and I got 4 flats. You don't ever know who the idiots are and you don't know if they know who you are. Good chance that vehicle you saw is part of the pot business. It isn't worth it. Some of those idiots can sabotage your truck while you are hunting or might pay a visit to your home. I might tell the landowner and if he wants to report it that is his business, but it isn't worth the hassle it could become.

Quick Reply: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.