HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   scouting for deer and found POT!! i think (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/205837-scouting-deer-found-pot-i-think.html)

longislandhunter 09-06-2007 10:41 AM

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

My wife, brotherinlaw and I went scouting a new areawhere I huntlast night abouttwo hours before sunset. AnywayI am following this trail that I thought was a well used deer trail.I came into a little opening deep into the woods and there in frontof usare a bunch of those big rubber storgae containers surrounded by chicken wire fence.I am noyexpert but it looked like tons of huge marijuanna plants growing in these bins.We turned around and high tailed it out of there. I can't be positive of what it was and do not want to ruin my hunting ares nor do i want any trouble. Not sure if I should notify the authorities. I am not a rat but i feel like these poeple are ruining one of th eonly good hunting areas near me. What would you guys do?

baldntatted 09-06-2007 10:50 AM

RE: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

call the local law enforcement.

or sell it as a cash crop lol jk

D Rock 09-06-2007 11:13 AM

I would say report it to the authorities because chances are you don't want to accidentaly run into these "farmers" in the middle of harvesting their crop. I don't think that is a situation any hunter would want to find themself in.

parker34 09-06-2007 11:36 AM

call the authorities and let them handle it. Who knows, they might give you some kind of reward or something for turning them in..

kevin1 09-06-2007 11:41 AM

Spray apple cider all over them and let the deer have them.;)

Western MA Hunter 09-06-2007 11:42 AM

I would call the authorities right away.

nchawkeye 09-06-2007 11:44 AM

I would have already called the police...

WARedBear 09-06-2007 11:52 AM

The legal and ethical thing to do is to report it. As stated above...you don't want to run into those characters in the woods.

My opinion...
Reid

longislandhunter 09-06-2007 12:44 PM

I do not know what to do here.I realize thatthe ethical thing to do is to call the authorities but i saw an old beat upcar pass by about five times last night and my truck was parked on the side of the road. They even stopped about a half mile away and just parked there facing my way for about 5 minutes and then when they drove by they went so fast I could not see a plate and it was getting dark. I fear that these people will now who turned them in and then I will have to worry about my and my wifessafety as well as my vehicle all season. I hunt with my wife and that is what scares me. if it were just myself i would be ok but i do not want to jeopardize my wife. This is a tough decision.I am thinking about lettinga few days go by and then calling the authorities.

timbercruiser 09-06-2007 01:02 PM

I have found dozens of pot patches throughout the years, but have never turned in but one patch. That one the idiot had nails on the road and I got 4 flats. You don't ever know who the idiots are and you don't know if they know who you are. Good chance that vehicle you saw is part of the pot business. It isn't worth it. Some of those idiots can sabotage your truck while you are hunting or might pay a visit to your home. I might tell the landowner and if he wants to report it that is his business, but it isn't worth the hassle it could become.