Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rutting question

Old 11-28-2002, 01:27 AM

Default Rutting question

I would like to know if anybody can answer this. I live in N.MN. and on my property where I live the does just started coming in full estrus.now where my brother-in-law that lives about 40 minutes from me and the full rut started in the first week of Nov.They were rubbing in and scraping around Oct. And at my place they were just starting that about 2-3 weeks ago. This just doesn't make sense to me,can somebody explain this?
Old 11-28-2002, 08:36 AM

Default RE: Rutting question

I live in MN, Bemidji, beleive me the rut is almost over now, there can be slight timing differences in different areas, I have seen it, the rut was just getting started at gun opener, I saw many Bucks hooked up with does, and chasing them, had several friends tell me the same, I bow hunt from Sept 15 , even during rifle season and follow the stages of the rut on a regular basis. There is the problem with the high doe to buck ratio which seems to extend or delay the rut period in different areas, and helps with the second rut along with the yearlings that didn't breed, hope this helps......