Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wasting deer!

Old 12-05-2006, 10:03 PM

Default RE: wasting deer!

hate to change subject but can any one tell me how to find a day lease in tx thats kinda close to waco or in that area not got a lot of money an grandson an grandpa want to go hunting not looking good for grandpa for the next year was wanting to spend some good time with him if any one has any info for me plzs msg me or email me at [email protected] thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 PM

Well, as rcw280 mentioned...if you want to see wasted deer just go to any registration station in a cwd eradication zone in wisconsin. The dnr has ditched any hint of ethics and morals when it comes to hunting now a days. It is absolutely disgusting to see deer piled up high in dumpsters and semi trailers waiting to be taken to the dump. It is such a waste. I know of a farmer in the mount horeb area who had personally 'slaughtered' over 30 deer 2 years ago off his combine while harvesting corn. And yes...by the dnr's standards, this was completely legal. My brothers, dad, uncle and I hunt 250 acres of land outside of Mount Horeb. in the last 3 years we've taken one deer stictly because we see the population declining so rapidly. Because we don't have deer in the freezer, we have seriously contemplating going to the registration station and waiting for some trigger happy bum to bring in a deer he plans on just throwing away and taking it not only for the meat, but to make a statement that throwing deer away is incredibly disrespectful, and definately not 'hunting'!!! Landowners and hunters need to speak out with not only words, but actions to let the Wisconsin dnr know they are not happy, and that their so called 'plan' to control cwd is not and will never work!!! Sorry, but now i'm all worked up!!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is worse,someone who shoots deer all year long and eats all of them,or someone who goes out 9 days a year and shoots everything to leave it lay?
To be honest with you,I would rather know the guy who eats them.I dont care if he hunts his own land all year long.Call him a poacher if you want but hes not wasting them and i respect that.
Now someone shooting just to kill,or just for horns,and leave the rest to rot.Im sure carma will let you know when its payback time!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:00 AM

ORIGINAL: furgitter

What is worse,someone who shoots deer all year long and eats all of them,or someone who goes out 9 days a year and shoots everything to leave it lay?
To be honest with you,I would rather know the guy who eats them.I dont care if he hunts his own land all year long.Call him a poacher if you want but hes not wasting them and i respect that.
Now someone shooting just to kill,or just for horns,and leave the rest to rot.Im sure carma will let you know when its payback time!!!
totally agree with you, legal or not, if a fella shoots a deer every few months year round to have meat in the freezer and feed his family so be it, as long as its his own land. ill turn in the poacher who shoots a nice buck along the road and cuts the horns, but if the guy hunts his own land for meat year round, ill look the other way. some people dont agree with it, but not everyone can afford beef at the market, and to them a $.10 bullet and few hours of work means feeding their family.