Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wasting deer!

Old 12-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wasting deer!

Turn him for what?? Killing 7 deer which nobody has stated/proven were illegal.He cuts off horns - so what.
How many bucks can he legally harvest?? He donates deer to family who can't hunt - Good for him.
So what has been stated here that would convince ME or anybody else this illusive hunter is some kind of outlaw and should be "Turned In".

Come on - lets cough up some specific facts before we condem someone for killing 7 deer etc...etc....bla...bla..
Where's the Beef ??
Old 12-03-2006, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: wi_buckstomper

i was talking to this kid i know and i asked him how many deer he has got this season. He was like umm 7. So no big deal but he never kept any! He either gave them away or cut the horns off and let the deer rot. It just makes me sick when people are so greedy and dont even eat the deer. Its like they kill just to kill. Anyone else have similiar experiences and what should i do if anything?
You watch the hunting shows on tv or video,your supporting this kind of hunter.Look at these same hunters harvesting deer or any other animal.Do you think they keep all the game they kill?To these hunters it's about the money.Sure they prob give the meat away,but they are just out there for the kill.Yea, I know people like that who I don't watch anymore.DoI know anyone personally who does this,NO. Everyone I knoweats what they kill except for predators and tree rats.Well most of them anyway.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have a couple head hunters around here, just waiting to catch them and turn them in...
Old 12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

He leaves 'em lay, that isn't legal in alot of places, did he use a tag on them? or did he just keep shootin, come on, why defend the idiots?
Old 12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup,they make us all look like a bunch of turds.I dont trust beef or pork.I eat all that i kill.and i only kill what im going to eat.Those programs for starving poor people dont make any sence to me eather.If they are going to get some veni. then let them come allong to gut and drag them.Old folks and disabled not included.They can fillet my walleys and crapies all summer too.
But seriously,If youre a head hunter,I got no respect for you.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Now, you can't say head hunter is bad, because even though I take atleast 2 does a year, I could consider myself a head hunter, I look for bucks with big racks, just don't get to shoot them. I take the deer I shoot, eat em, don't leave em lay, so what does that mean? I say that kid is just a scum bag poacher, period, thats the way I view it.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dude,im not saying shooting deer with big racks is a bad thing.If you get em fair and square ill even help you drag em.But man,it eats me up when people kill animals and just take the horns.In that case ill sit on a stump and watch you have a heart attack while i practice my bird calls.
Im saying if you kill that deer,show a little respect for it and eat him.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHunterFett

Now, you can't say head hunter is bad

The head hunters I’m referring to are the ones that take the head and leave the carcass behind to spoil. They can get charged for this around here...
Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Idiots like this give all hunters a bad image. Wasting deer is almost unforgiveable. After I fill my freezer, I won't take another deer unless I have someone lined up to take it. I just added 2 or 3 people to my list in the past few days. There's also the FHFH program available that allows you to just frop off the deer and it's butchered and donated at no cost to you. He may not be violating games laws (depending on the state), but he should be.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:17 AM

our group of guys that hunt together (6 of us) have taken 12 deer this year. 7 of them are in our freezers, and the other 5 were given to a friend we have that doesnt hunt but will take all the deer meat he can stuff into his freezer because he eats it every night.

does this make me a bad hunter for killing deer for a friend who doesnt hunt? i mean im using my tags to fill his freezer. i get to enjoy the hunt, he enjoys the meat.

PS-im having deer burgers tonight and i cant wait

Quick Reply: wasting deer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.