Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wasting deer!

Old 12-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default wasting deer!

i was talking to this kid i know and i asked him how many deer he has got this season. He was like umm 7. So no big deal but he never kept any! He either gave them away or cut the horns off and let the deer rot. It just makes me sick when people are so greedy and dont even eat the deer. Its like they kill just to kill. Anyone else have similiar experiences and what should i do if anything?

Old 12-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wasting deer!

Turn him in...People like that make me sick too. He might be full of PooP also. But turn him in anyway's
Old 12-02-2006, 07:51 PM

yea i would turn him in to, i mean i know people who shot that many deer in a season or more but they are for family members who can't hunt, point is that the meat gets eaten not just the horns. now i know it doesn't make it legal but what can ya do. if some one is just taking antlers and thats it well thats a big problem
Old 12-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

I would pry kick him in the gones!JK We have a program Called HUSH, all you have to do is gut the deer, and take it to an approved locker, and they do the rest. Meat goes to food pantries and prisons, stuff like that. If it were me I would call the DNR or Sheriff or something, he'd be screwed here in IOWA. they fine you by the score of the bucks rack, fines can get up to $10,000. they could take his guns, truck, house, you name it, it would probably stop his stupidity, hopefuly, but really, turn it in.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:01 PM

people who just cut off the antlers and leave them should not ever be allowed to kill a deer again the least you can do is drag them out and skin them and give them to someone who wants or needs the meat
Old 12-02-2006, 08:48 PM

Turn his butt in hopefully they will sock it to him .[:@][:@][:@]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

What you could do is to collect roadkilled deer & put them in his front yard with a sign saying "don't waste venison." I think he'd get the message after about the 50th carcass...
Old 12-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I give away most of the deer I shoot, but they don't go to waste.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

This is what the WI dnr is all about in the cwd zones there are thousands of deer being tossed because you can take as many deer as you want. The 1st year of this slaughter the dnr even set up dump sites. We went to check one out and they had three of the large dumpsters your see at construction sites set up, and they were overflowing with deer plus many more that were laying on the ground. DISGUSTING. But the worst part is the number of so called hunters that have no problem with this. I really have started to believe we have alot of bad apples in the barrel and will ruin everything. A number of landowners are not allowing hunter access until the dnr comes senses.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: rcw280

This is what the WI dnr is all about in the cwd zones there are thousands of deer being tossed because you can take as many deer as you want. The 1st year of this slaughter the dnr even set up dump sites. We went to check one out and they had three of the large dumpsters your see at construction sites set up, and they were overflowing with deer plus many more that were laying on the ground. DISGUSTING. But the worst part is the number of so called hunters that have no problem with this. I really have started to believe we have alot of bad apples in the barrel and will ruin everything. A number of landowners are not allowing hunter access until the dnr comes senses.
I have never heard of a DNR in any state doing this unless the deer proved to be infected. This galls me.[:@][:@] They should be fined. Slob hunters and slob DNR I guess go hand in hand.
Good for the landowners. At least some one has some sense.

Quick Reply: wasting deer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.